Running an RR L322

nathanmonkey

I am tempted to get an L322 as they are such a bargain at the mo (if I can tempt (i.e. bribe) the wife to open the family purse to me... However I need to know what sort of money it takes for servicing and basic maintenance such as new pads, discs etc.

I am looking at a 4.4 V8 with LPG and all the toys:

Can anyone tell me of an independant garage in Birmiengham and what a service costs please?

I am tempted to get an L322 as they are such a bargain at the mo (if I can tempt (i.e. bribe) the wife to open the family purse to me... However I need to know what sort of money it takes for servicing and basic maintenance such as new pads, discs etc.

Can anyone tell me of an independant garage in Birmiengham and what a service costs please?

Hi the pads for my td6 (non genuine) were £38.50 discs i think are £90

a chipped td6 isn't that much slower than a v8 and you still get 20 ish!

make sure whatever you buy has had the front prop recal done ,mine failed in a big way at 31K and needed a new diff prop and two drive shafts!!

my main agent services at 20 and 30 k were circa £550

Hi, I run a L322 on LPG. It's briliant, Buying the fuel from the station near Star City Birmingham "41p" I get a return of 14ppm which works out to 30mpg. Its done 60k without a problem, in fact I am just about to upgrade my Range Rover & I wouldn't contenplate a drissel machine.

I use a mobile mechanic for general servicing but I do Disc chages myself (they are heavy on pads & discs)

Basic service from him is £150 inc parts & £350 for the 60k one inc parts.

It is true about buying pre fitted LPG systems there are some very poor systems out there, the Italian ones seem to the most troublsome.

I spent 12 months looking for a good installer & I will send my next car to him when it arrives.

If you have RR converted expect to pay £2k plus for the instalation. it's not cheap but if fitted well you never have to touchit.