Econometer

Econometer - wasn't that an aftermarket vacuum gauge many years ago? you could pipe it up to the inlet manifold and mount it on the dash, the idea being to drive as much as possible with the highest possible vacuum by keeping the lightest touch on the loud pedal.

That being the case it wouldn't work with a turbo charged motor - would it?

Or maybe I've got the wrong device.

EDIT;

Just done a quick search and found this -

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/...guide-3428.html

Econometer - wasn't that an aftermarket vacuum gauge many years ago? you could pipe it up to the inlet manifold and mount it on the dash, the idea being to drive as much as possible with the highest possible vacuum by keeping the lightest touch on the loud pedal.

That being the case it wouldn't work with a turbo charged motor - would it?

Or maybe I've got the wrong device.

EDIT;

Just done a quick search and found this -

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/...guide-3428.html

Good position for the gauge. :blink:

Ah sorry, I'm obviously calling it the wrong thing then, what I'm after is basically a trip computer to tell me my miles per gallon.

That's fairly tricky to do with any degree of accuracy on a non-EFI engine. Also, I do wonder exactly how useful that is anyway as your fuel gauge is a fairly reasonable indicator of how much you're using.

That's fairly tricky to do with any degree of accuracy on a non-EFI engine. Also, I do wonder exactly how useful that is anyway as your fuel gauge is a fairly reasonable indicator of how much you're using.

I only now how much fuel I'm using over 400 miles, I'd like to be able to tell over a short period of time my fuel consumption.

• 6 years later...

Reviving an old topic - Out of all the things I did to improve fuel economy - fitting a Vacuum gauge was the most effective (and by far the cheapest) - yo dont seem to see them around anymore, - would you be able to substitute a Boot Gauge? do they cover the same range? (or is this another really dumb question?)