Fuel gauge on 300tdi

Coolerking

First of all I'd like to say hello to my fellow disco owners, I have had my 95 300tdi auto for about 2 years now, bought it as a mobile skip when I was doing the house up but I have grown to love it and am keeping it..........

So to the point, had to weld the rear floor pan back on so dropped the tank for access etc. Put it all back together and the fuel gauge now seems to move about a lot more than it used to whilst driving (corners , hills ).

I had to put a good splash of juice in initially as the float seemed to be stuck, once 3/4 full it read fine, but it seems to move above and below the level quite a bit, maybe it was doing it before and I'm just noticing it more now or have i dropped the sender and float back in wrong can this happen ??

Thanks in advance

Mark T (very new to the landy world !)

First of all I'd like to say hello to my fellow disco owners, I have had my 95 300tdi auto for about 2 years now, bought it as a mobile skip when I was doing the house up but I have grown to love it and am keeping it..........

So to the point, had to weld the rear floor pan back on so dropped the tank for access etc. Put it all back together and the fuel gauge now seems to move about a lot more than it used to whilst driving (corners , hills ).

I had to put a good splash of juice in initially as the float seemed to be stuck, once 3/4 full it read fine, but it seems to move above and below the level quite a bit, maybe it was doing it before and I'm just noticing it more now or have i dropped the sender and float back in wrong can this happen ??

Thanks in advance

Mark T (very new to the landy world !)

Sounds like you have a bad electrical connection to the sender. Did you disconnect the multIplug connector? Are the connections corroded?

If so clean them up to bright metal and reconnect.