diagnostic socker in DII

Escape

Tried to hook up the Rovacom to a mates DII yesterday to research/reset some errors. But for the life of us, we couldn't locate the diagnostic/OBDII socket.

The manual says onder dashboard facia, driver's side.

Rovacom says near steering column (which would be the same spot as the manual states).

Car is LHD, not sure of the manual refers to LHD or RHD. But nothing to be found, neither driver's nor passenger side...

THX,

Filip

It should be where BogMonster said, only mirrored on a LHD. It should be above the accelerator pedal, close to where the left lower edge of the dash meets the center console, right under the hinge of the fuse box compartment door.

On the other hand, is that a V8? 'Cause I've heard of a LHD 2000 V8 auto D II without the diagnostic socket where it was supposed to be. No idea if the owner ever found it, didn't hear from him since.

So what year, what engine, which spec D II (is it NAS, Gulf, Japan ...)?

It should be where BogMonster said, only mirrored on a LHD. It should be above the accelerator pedal, close to where the left lower edge of the dash meets the center console, right under the hinge of the fuse box compartment door.

On the other hand, is that a V8? 'Cause I've heard of a LHD 2000 V8 auto D II without the diagnostic socket where it was supposed to be. No idea if the owner ever found it, didn't hear from him since.

So what year, what engine, which spec D II (is it NAS, Gulf, Japan ...)?

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check again next time I see the car, but don't recall anything resembling a socket under the dash... :unsure:

Car is a 2000 (I think) TD5 manual, continental spec.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my hands on a different D2 yesterday, and had no trouble locating the socket, but pretty sure I didn't find it in that position on the other car.

It was pretty lose, and I had to remove the panel under the dash to hold it in place. So I'll check for a lose socket next time I see Michel's car.

• 3 weeks later...