What's The Biggest . . .

. . . set of wheels/tyres I can fit to the 90 without having to start cutting the bodywork ?

Probably been asked a million time before but I can't find the answer here or on the "other place".

Not used as daily road transport so they can be quite aggresive but I really don't want to start cutting the pannels.

Paul

Biggest width, biggest height or both?

I have a set of 33x12.50R15 which are good if you want a "fat boy" look, or for flotation in very soft ground, which is when I use them. They rub on the wheelarch extensions on articulation but I have had them on 3 90s now and not damaged anything, the extensions just bend out of the way. Might be a problem if the vehicle is laden but can be easily cured with an inch or two suspension lift.

Photo...

new90on1250s.jpg

Not sure about if you can get 35x10.50R15s on if it is height you want, without a suspension lift.

I run 255/85/16 BFG MT's with no lift and have no problems with rubbing on articulation.

Well thats not strictly true... :huh: ....one corner rubs the wheel arch spat, but only because I rearranged the bodywork from its intended shape :P

I run BFG MTs 255/85/16 on Wolf Rims. On a standard 90. Only prob is right wheel rubs on radius arm when on hard right lock. Quick twiddle with the stops sorts this out. Articulation: I hop up and down kerbs, over speed bumps and had no rubbing yet :)

BTW, wolf rims fit on the standard studs, just make sure you torque them up right or they'll over take your 90. So don't be conned in to buying longer studss, since they are the same length! Also since wolfs are OEM, they won't (or shouldn't) bump up your insurance.

im running on 35-12.5-15 tyres.......and i love em.

mines the red one..... its got 2" of lift and no body work has been cut.

they do catch on the radius arms though on full lock and just catch the plastic arches on articulation... but i am fitting some extreme suspension at the moment so some bits may trimming soon.

the only down side for me is that my 90 is a N/A so 5th gear is out of the question.

DSCF0003.jpg

After considering a few of the options suggested I went for 255/85/16 BFG MT's in the end.

They certainly, um, fill the arches.

Look a bit close to the bottom edges of the plastic eybrows but nothing makes contact lock-to-lock on the road. Off road might be a different story - will check that out at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

Paul

I did run 235 85 16 Grizzly from bronco, zero lift and all clear and with 4.5 offset on 7x16 Mach 5s.

AxleMove.jpg

WHAT.jpg

Now running 34 x 10.50 x 16 simes JTs, again with zero lift, but much trimming of the arches, and loads of plans for suspension as part of the project. You could run happily with these if you trimmed the arches and bodywork, of road the tyres do catch the top of the wheel boxes, - remove the strengther helps, and these are still on the Mach 5s.

Picture175Medium.jpg

HTH

Nige

Nige nice looking truck

Quick question for you

You say that you are going to trim wheel arches will that mean inner as well? and how will you refit spats?

Just interested thats all ............. alot of work for you

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Front Inners ok (at the mo), rear catches off road...

Have already trimmed the arches / bodywork, so they clear, did a post on Land Rover Excuse forum a while back, here are the pics as to what you need to trim, I used masking tape to get the shape then a jigsaw with a fine blade, followed by a fine file !

Picture176Medium.jpg

Picture177Medium.jpg

Picture179Medium.jpg

Picture180Medium.jpg

Picture182Medium.jpg

Picture184Medium.jpg

SlindonWCE2005077Medium.jpg

SlindonWCE2005034Medium.jpg

Nige