Welding gas supplier

MECCANO

I know this has probably been covered hundreds of times, but my searches aren't pulling up anything!

Can any one recommend a supplier of welding gas (primarily for mild steel work) around hertfordshire or even surrey! As i'm getting fed up with disposible bottles.

I've come across Ludlows in luton that are recognised distributors of Air Products gas... but:

A) They arent the cheapest

B) They dont actively promote it on thier site

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers

Chris

BOC have a depot in Letchworth, Dunhams lane.

I've had an account there for years, it's convenient. But every invoice is accompanied by a letter explaining yet another price increase.

They have reintroduced their 3&5 year bottle rental deals though, high initial cost but you do save a bit.

Cheers guys, just what the doctor ordered.

I didn't have much luck with the BOC distributor locator whatsamajig.

I was hoping for a staff discount from AP... but no such luck :ph34r:

ive had an account with boc for about 17 years now not the cheapest but thay now do monthly rental for bottles ive just taken my acectylene back and replaced with propane for cutting as i hardly do any gas welding anymore my oxy is 70 quid a year give or take a couple of quid,propane is free from calor only pay for gas chris.

BOC have a depot in Letchworth, Dunhams lane.

I've had an account there for years, it's convenient. But every invoice is accompanied by a letter explaining yet another price increase.

I've had an account with BOC for years too but the last price increase letter that came with the invoice was the last straw. The BOC bottle is going back next week and I've opened an account with one of the cheaper suppliers I found on the mig welding list.