Mk1 Disco Electric Seats

baldy

This one is driving me crazy..

Passengers side 97 Disco 300 tdi ES spec.. the fuse was blown in the fore/aft movement when we got the vehicle

Finally got round to checking fuses last weekend and found 1 was blown

Replaced with 30 amp fuse and traLa the seat moves forward and backwards

HOWEVER

the seat squab will now tilt forwards and not back !! the motor makes a click when activated to tilt back mode and I can feet a clunk in the drive cable

but no motion..the problem is that the seat is now tipped all the way forward and T'missus keeps sliding off the seat !

All fuses /relays/wires check and cannot see a problem

Any suggestion/Ideas etc PLEASE

Baldy

There's 10 adjustments with these seat and not all of them get used so the flexy drives seize up, this may be your problem but how you get to the gubbins without taking the seat out I dont know. Remove the seat suround and see what can be sprayed with WD40.

Sorry to Hijack a little... but it is the same subject

My seat has a bit of movement front to back... ie it slides forward a few mm when braking hard...

...is this normal or is there a part (or parts) that wear and cause this?

Many thanks in advance

M

Sorry to Hijack a little... but it is the same subject

My seat has a bit of movement front to back... ie it slides forward a few mm when braking hard...

...is this normal or is there a part (or parts) that wear and cause this?

Many thanks in advance

M

Hi, it's the same subject so welcome :)

NO it's not normal, any moving part will wear at some time but I don't think that will apply to your seat, it would have to be moving backwards/forwards day in day out to wear.

I suspect whatever locks the seat in position either the motor of something else is loose on it mounting. As above how do you get to the workings of the seat.

There's 10 adjustments with these seat and not all of them get used so the flexy drives seize up, this may be your problem but how you get to the gubbins without taking the seat out I dont know. Remove the seat suround and see what can be sprayed with WD40.

Thanks , will have a fiddle at the weekend

Baldy

Not quite the same problem, perhaps, but we had the drivers seat base only work one way (down at the front) and I eventually found it was the switch, dirty contacts! - I did a write up about how to fix the switch last year sometime, I think.

Our passenger seat has always moved back and forward a couple of mm. since we got the car at 2 yrs old. A guy I know who works for LR in the development dept. reckoned there wasn't much that could be done about it, just poor design. Oddly, the drivers seat is ok and thats the one that gets all the moving back and forward. Be interested to see how you get on, good luck.

Henry.

Hi.

I had the problem on a S11 td5 with the passenger seat, no forward/ back movement.

Found it was jammed in the fully back position. A bit of work with WD40 and pushing seat control forward/ backwards eventually got it moving. While doing it to start it only moved a couple of mm at a time so it didn't appear to be working.

Again it was a case of passenger seat not needing to be adjusted all the time, so jammed up.