Some help please....

Been away for a while - well actually just in-active and/or lurking

I did post a while back, and got no answer, regarding the fan motor for the in-cab heating and de-mister. This is the motor that sits in the engine compartment and turns the fan that blows the air over the element and into the ducts. Mine is burnt and I cannot find a replacement as there are few breakers here and even less Defenders to break (they last for ever). If anyone can help me locate a new or used motor I will gladly send the cost and beer tokens for service.

The other problem I have is that the rubber seals on the base of the brake fluid resevoir are leaking - sometimes alot and sometimes not at all but they are leaking and usually when the LR is left standing rather than during use. Does any one know where I can lay my hands on some new seals as here they sell only the complete booster + resevoir as one part and for crazy money.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

Adam

Been away for a while - well actually just in-active and/or lurking

I did post a while back, and got no answer, regarding the fan motor for the in-cab heating and de-mister. This is the motor that sits in the engine compartment and turns the fan that blows the air over the element and into the ducts. Mine is burnt and I cannot find a replacement as there are few breakers here and even less Defenders to break (they last for ever). If anyone can help me locate a new or used motor I will gladly send the cost and beer tokens for service.

The other problem I have is that the rubber seals on the base of the brake fluid resevoir are leaking - sometimes alot and sometimes not at all but they are leaking and usually when the LR is left standing rather than during use. Does any one know where I can lay my hands on some new seals as here they sell only the complete booster + resevoir as one part and for crazy money.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA

Adam

i am getting rid of my heater unit

quite new - runs well (for dfender standards anyhow)

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=40566

if you want it --> pm

cheers

ulf

The seals come with the reservoir bit, about 20 quid from most online vendors. It's part # SJJ100351 and it looks like this:

post-1725-1238704317_thumb.jpg

As for the heater blower motor you need to tell which of the 2 Defenders you need it for (200 or 300 series) and if it's a RHD or LHD (probably) as they are different (4 versions in all).

The seals come with the reservoir bit, about 20 quid from most online vendors. It's part # SJJ100351 and it looks like this:

post-1725-1238704317_thumb.jpg

As for the heater blower motor you need to tell which of the 2 Defenders you need it for (200 or 300 series) and if it's a RHD or LHD (probably) as they are different (4 versions in all).

Thank you very much.

The Defender is a 1997 300 TDI LHD - the blower sits in the right hand side wing.

Adam

i am getting rid of my heater unit

quite new - runs well (for dfender standards anyhow)

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=40566

if you want it --> pm

cheers

ulf

That would be fantastic - but judging by the post below your post your unit probably would not fit as I have a LHD and yours is I believe RHD ?

Thanks anyway

Adam