bonnet not sitting correct?

Hi just fitted a new ( second hand ) bonnet to my '86 110, but it is sitting about 1/2" up at the rear it seems to be sitting fine at the front.

As there is no adjustment on the hinges, do you think I could put packers between the bonnet and the hinge bracket to solve this?. Is such a part available, or do I need to make my own?.

Cheers,

Chris.

hi chris take a look at the bushes in the bulkhead part of the hinge assy. there is a slot cut into the bush that is cut off center.

try turning the bush around so the thinner part is facing down when the bonnet is closed.

hope this makes sense... :huh:

Hi just fitted a new ( second hand ) bonnet to my '86 110, but it is sitting about 1/2" up at the rear it seems to be sitting fine at the front.

As there is no adjustment on the hinges, do you think I could put packers between the bonnet and the hinge bracket to solve this?. Is such a part available, or do I need to make my own?.

Cheers,

Chris.

Your lucky that you have clearance at the hinge end of the bonnet! My nas bonnet has worn grooves in the wing tops where it sits too low and there does not appear to be any adjustment. It seems to me that the clearance or lack of clearance is down to manufacturing tolerances of the bonnet and how accurately the robot operator welded the hinge to the bulkhead.

I see no reason why you could not make some packers for your hinges.