ZF 4HP24

filthy boy

can i ask why you want to know?

You certainly can.

We are going to be making bell housings to mate an LS V8 to a ZF 4HP 24 (uprated internals!) box. It's better than using an adaptor plate.

So you can have small block chevy power and an easily available / fixable auto box that will mate to the LT230 giving you full time 4wd with a centre locking diff. Sounds good to me!

Tim

You certainly can.

We are going to be making bell housings to mate an LS V8 to a ZF 4HP 24 (uprated internals!) box. It's better than using an adaptor plate.

So you can have small block chevy power and an easily available / fixable auto box that will mate to the LT230 giving you full time 4wd with a centre locking diff. Sounds good to me!

Tim

Sounds interesting, but it may all end in tears - don't ask how I know!

(Overfinch tried it with a 4HP22/24 hybrid box and that doesn't last behind a relatively modest spec SBC V8 when driven enthusiastically. I'm on good terms with the internals of my 570Hsi RRC auto box. The LS could give a bit more grunt, so will probably eat boxes more readily. I'd be interested to know how you go on though.)

Sounds interesting, but it may all end in tears - don't ask how I know!

(Overfinch tried it with a 4HP22/24 hybrid box and that doesn't last behind a relatively modest spec SBC V8 when driven enthusiastically. I'm on good terms with the internals of my 570Hsi RRC auto box. The LS could give a bit more grunt, so will probably eat boxes more readily. I'd be interested to know how you go on though.)

what failures have you had ?

clutch packs, one way clutches, gear sets ?

what failures have you had ?

clutch packs, one way clutches, gear sets ?

Morning Dave

Would be interesting to get the HP and torque figures for the BMW 850 V12 as that used the ZF 4HP24.

Mind you, for all I know they may have a terrible record for eating boxes.

Tim

• 3 years later...

My 300Tdi has a ZF4HP22 with ZF4HP24 clutches, oil pump, govenor and bevel gears etc all care of Ashtons and it operates seamlessly - mind you it has less HP and Torque than you are looking at however my specs to Ashtons were it was to operate in 40 degree centigrade temperatures and drive me over 4 metre high sand dunes - it does both ^_^

A SBC will blow a ZF box to pieces even with the internals uprated. Its the torque that will kill it. IMHO you'd be better to work on a system to adapt the LT230 to bolt upto a box thats really up to the job like a 4L80E or a TH400.

As someone has said already - these adaptors are already available from Marks adaptors.

Jon