Weaping Injector Seals

Hi Guys - can you help?

I have got a 2.5td 90 and have just replaced the engine with a rebuilt unit.

On refitting the injectors I applied a new set of injector seals - Domed crush washers at bottom, and copper flat washers further up. When first fitted no probs and engine started well and ran beautifully.

After about 300 miles the injectors started leaking with traces of diesel running down block from each of them and started to lose a bit of performance.

Again I took the injcetors out ensured the old seals were removed and replaced seals with new ones.

As before immediately fine and again pulling well etc but within 100 miles two of them have started weaking again.

What am I doing wrong or are there any tips out there to stop this as if diesel is leaking it must also be sucking air hence reducing performance.

Oh and when I fitted the lower crush washers the domed surface was fitted facing upwards

Cheers

Rog

Hi Guys - can you help?

On refitting the injectors I applied a new set of injector seals - Domed crush washers at bottom, and copper flat washers further up. When first fitted no probs and engine started well and ran beautifully.

After about 300 miles the injectors started leaking with traces of diesel running down block from each of them and started to lose a bit of performance.

Again I took the injcetors out ensured the old seals were removed and replaced seals with new ones.

As before immediately fine and again pulling well etc but within 100 miles two of them have started weaking again.

What am I doing wrong or are there any tips out there to stop this as if diesel is leaking it must also be sucking air hence reducing performance.

Oh and when I fitted the lower crush washers the domed surface was fitted facing upwards

Cheers

Rog

Hi! Rog,

I too have the same problem on my Def 110 2.5NA. But still no luck with getting the leaks stopped

Hi Guys - can you help?

Again I took the injectors out ensured the old seals were removed and replaced seals with new ones.

Cheers

Rog

Are you saying you have diesel fuel leaking around the injectors? If so, i think you're looking at the wrong cause.

The washers you're changing seal the injectors against cylinder compression, if they leak it's normally accompanied by a "chuffing" sound and sooty deposits up the injectors. If there is wet diesel it's more likely to be the injectors themselves, the pipes or spill rail.

Clean and dry everything, run again and recheck, it may help to dust the area with talcum powder to locate the exact path of the leak. And don't get eyes or fingers near when it's running as fuel may be leaking at high pressure that is nigh on invisible, and it can pierce skin.