V8 Choke Actuation

I am in the midst of replacing the tdi in my 110 with a 4.2 v8. I am using carbs instead of the efi.

The problem (just one of a few) is how to fit the choke cable and linkage to the SU carbs.

Does anybody have a picture of how this all fits together please?

I seem to have myself in the situation where I need the choke cable to push the linkage and surely this cannot be right??

Any help or pictures would be most gratefully received

I have a weber carb, manifold, air filter etc that I no longer need that would be a giant leap ahead of a pair of SU's. :D

If you want to give the Weber etc. away, can I have first refusal? :D

Seriously, how much do you want? (in the vain home I can afford it).

Colin.

I have a weber carb, manifold, air filter etc that I no longer need that would be a giant leap ahead of a pair of SU's. :D

Thanks for the offer, but I am exporting the truck to the USA and I want to try and keep it as standard as possible so there are NO problems with either the EPA or the DMV.

The EPA insist the vehicle has either the original engine or an engine of the original type, or an engine that has EPA certification for emissions. The truck was originally a V8 (with strombergs) so it is a bit of a risk even putting SU carbs on it, hopefully they won't notice it is a 4.2

Though that engine was originally intended specifically for the US market, the 3.9 being a bit gutless when the comperssion ratio was lowered for the benefit of USA octane ratings. At least that is what it says in a book on the subject.