Source of parts in UK?

Astro_Al

Anyone know somewhere in the UK where I can order a full set of gauges, as well as other carp like bucket seats?

The only places I know of are things like 'Demontweeks', which seem to have about 4 gauges of any one range, so basically useless? Does anyone stock the full range of stuff - pref Stuart Warner or Autometer for example?

Cheers, Al.

Demon tweeks sell real Motorsport stuff to as well as the lower end of the add on range.

I got my steering wheel from them

they sell the SPA range of gauges which are top quality.

how about Durite gear again very good quality

Another vote here for Merlin Motorsport. I went to see them, and they keep in stock an absolutely huge range of chav plop. Personally, I went for a temperature gauge and sender. They had loads of different types to choose from, and the customer service was excallent.

Ta guys. I like the VARIETY of stuff at Demontweeks - they do the right makes of gauges etc that I'd prefer, but like I say, within each particular range they only have a few gauges - and never the one's you want!

If you look at the products on the manufacturers site, there's loads more choice for each 'family' of gauges. As I need a complete set, this isn't really good enough... :(

Maybe it's just what they have documented on the site, but it doesn't help when you are trying to compare prices and stuff.

SPA is nice, but a bit spendy for me... :(

Durite - never heard a recommendation for them, but I'll check it out now, ta.

Al.

:)

For the UK stuff on gauges forget it go to eGauges in the US

Very good with international orders, I've used them several times.

Bucket seats. Find yourself a big Hellfords where they are on display and go and try them.

Shame you've just missed the Autosports show, there might be something similar coming up I'm not too close to that scene anymore.

For the UK stuff on gauges forget it go to eGauges in the US

Very good with international orders, I've used them several times.

Bucket seats. Find yourself a big Hellfords where they are on display and go and try them.

Shame you've just missed the Autosports show, there might be something similar coming up I'm not too close to that scene anymore.

Yup - after coming to the same conclusion I've just been looking at Summit in the US - shame they don't have anything in the UK - that's what I'm talking about!

Ta for the link, I'll check it out, and if it beats Summit I'll go for that.

Yeah, I tried some seats in the Winchy branch last weekend (I was buying a tool chest - I don't normally go in, honest!). Tried to find the full range on their site, but nothing... :rolleyes:

I'll accost them in person next time I'm over. And pop in for the reply the time after that...

Ta, Al.

Another vote for Merlin Motorsport, and Rally Design are similar too - Demon Tweeks minus the bling. Think Automotive are good for hoses & fittings, and Real Steel have a very financially hazardous catalogue of engine goodies, not to mention gearboxes.

If you phone Demon, ask them for their Race catalogue not their normal chavvy "Street / Tuning / Styling / Innit" catalogue.

Daft though this may sound, there is some potentially handy stuff made for Go-Karts - you'll find some in the Demon Tweeks catalogue, other sources are Deavinsons and Biz. At the other end of the scale there's truck and tractor parts but I don't know any good places to get that stuff (yet - anyone?)

While this is still vaguely current, I'm looking at a pair of 'imitation leather' :rolleyes: or vinyl covered buckets. Like the OMP Eco Road or Corbeau Forzas, appropriately covered.

I need the 'wipe clean' cos it'll be semi-roofless/windowless most of the time...

Anyone tried any seats like these? Got any recommendations? I can't see the point in spending much over 150 on each seat?

Is there anywhere in the South where they have a decent selection actually in a shop I can go and park my posterior on? Halfrauds seems a bit limited (as ever).

Ta, Al.

I quite like Cobra Monaco's for a budget bucket seat, think they are available in vinyl.

I'd steer clear of Forza's, as unless the design has been changed, they have a badly placed bar across the lumbar region.