Blanking EGR

:D Finally got my removal kit and got the EGR removed. However, the screw to which the allen key was used got completely shattered. I had to improvise a 10mm bolt whiles I wait for a new one. Does anyone has a spare to give or sell? Or where can I buy one? B) Or maybe I can do with the new bolt? Another thing.. on the 4th pic anyone know where I should stick the wire that was formally on the sensor?

post-7610-1239007101_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1239007140_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1239007173_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1239007195_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1239007245_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the mangled cap head bolt, it's only an M6 x 20 bolt, the head profile / type doesn't really matter, I would say leave the existing one in.

The "wire" on pic 4 (assuming you mean the blue one with the 90° rubber end,) is a vacuum pipe for the egr actuator, should be blanked off with something that fits to prevent dust and crud from being sucked into the vac pump when the solenoid opens.

:D Finally got my removal kit and got the EGR removed. However, the screw to which the allen key was used got completely shattered. I had to improvise a 10mm bolt whiles I wait for a new one. Does anyone has a spare to give or sell? Or where can I buy one? B) Or maybe I can do with the new bolt? Another thing.. on the 4th pic anyone know where I should stick the wire that was formally on the sensor?

Despite what people think, say, do, wish, want, and have, hexagon headed bolts are a more sensible choice for most applications, except when slot headed screws are!

If you exchanged the that poor quality, soft, distorted, 'skt'. Headed bolt for a std. 'Hex'. headed one, then it will come out more easily in the future (copper ease on the threads).

Good luck.

Howard.

2X300TdiDef.

"dantd5", how is the engine running after fitting the EGR blanking kit?

Better acceleration?

Hi Henrik :i-m_so_happy: .. To start with, it was a bit noisy but after a 30 minutes driving the difference was evident. It shot faster on the motorway... i am sure glad I did it. :D I have ordered the hexagonal screw and will change from the other screw to it..U are sure right about copper not clinging tight to heated materials.

:D Sure I just read your post. I hope you manage to sort out those hexagonal screw,,, At least a dozen swearings was showered before I got mine out. (Caught a glimpse of neighbor checking to see if I was alright :unsure: )

I was looking at your pics, I have a 99 TD5, what are the advantages of doing this mod, how long does it take?

I was looking at your pics, I have a 99 TD5, what are the advantages of doing this mod, how long does it take?

I feel the truck pulls much better than before and I guess it is due to the FRESH Autumn wind blowing from the viscious fan. I try not to time myself when on operations but the hexagonal bolt to the exhaust manifold kan be a pain in the past. I cracked mine and replaced it with a common 10mm bolt. Have ordered a new one though. Shouldn't take 1.5 hours max!! ( There are gurus here who can take it in 20 minutes.... :P )

I feel the truck pulls much better than before and I guess it is due to the FRESH Autumn wind blowing from the viscious fan. I try not to time myself when on operations but the hexagonal bolt to the exhaust manifold kan be a pain in the past. I cracked mine and replaced it with a common 10mm bolt. Have ordered a new one though. Shouldn't take 1.5 hours max!! ( There are gurus here who can take it in 20 minutes.... :P )

Ok thanks. Where does the hose go to? what happens if you go wading into some water? will it be sucked in? What diameter is the rubber hose? Graham.

Ok thanks. Where does the hose go to? what happens if you go wading into some water? will it be sucked in? What diameter is the rubber hose? Graham.

I don't have any experience with wading though but the hose leads into the intercooler I guess.. not sure though.... :(