BEST land rover in the world!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

al1991

What, in your opinion is the best and worst Land rover's ever?

Me? Well, I'd say the best is a 5oth anniversary Defender, and the worst is probably that Maestro van that's a Freelander underneath(Yeah I know that's cheating, really...)

I'd be interested to hear your points of view on this.

Al. :)

What, in your opinion is the best and worst Land rover's ever?

Me? Well, I'd say the best is a 5oth anniversary Defender, and the worst is probably that Maestro van that's a Freelander underneath(Yeah I know that's cheating, really...)

I'd be interested to hear your points of view on this.

Al. :)

Im a simple guy, like simple things, My best and worst is the same thing - Series 1 leafer - love em and loathe em!

Love the period look and feel etc.

Hate the driving position, security, safety etc.

there is nothing to discuss. It is the Range Rover. Original concept, groundbreaking performance, superalatives all round at the time. Unfortunately the lastest one, stylingswise would qualify for the worst = fugly.

And whoever says series 1 is wrong - just a j33p copy I'm afraid. :ph34r:

i like the classic rangie, as it did change the 4x4 world forever... but i also realy like 110 defenders... much more than 90's....

as for worst, the P38 rangie was pretty carp, and although it probably saved landrover, i've never realy been a fan of the freelander......

Obviously not allowing for the carp produced now

Best 110 200tdi/300Tdi/TD5 - most versatile LR ever, best off road out of the box, best towing, best work vehicle, best looking, nicest to work on...

Worst as in most ruined good idea buy stupid design toss up between Freelander 1.8 and Freelander V6

Most fun to drive Sarf African 2.8litres I6 Beemer engine 90 - why oh why didn't it happen here

300Tdi 110 station wagon.No leaks from sunroof as there isn't one

Nice to drive.

Fairly easy to fix.

Plenty of room inside for carrying.

Drives well on untarred roads.

Nice in sand.

A superb touring car for southern Africa.

Best; Series 2A, went a bit cheap after that, until they wen't all arty tarty with the latest

Worst; Disco 3, paint it red and put Jes the cat in the passenger seat :huh:

Best, anything old skool, ideally tax exempt! (what did you expect with my fleet!)

Worst, absolutely spot on about the Disco 3.

Although I'm very tempted by a 110 crew cab, which probably makes me a right fashion victim! :P

Aesthetically Ser IIA 109 station wagon with tropical roof

Weren't expecting that from me were you :lol:

Useless thing day-to-day for me though.

Most usable - that is trickier. Any post 89 Rangie, be it Classic, a good 38a or even the current one.

5-dr 300tdi Disco a nice alternative

I don't really do Defenders

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Not an easy one, loads of bests.

Depends on usage ?

My Favs are :

RR Classic around M Reg soft dash inside Classic outside, 300 TDi

Defender V8 200 and 300 tdis (forget Td5 thankyou)

Series 1 80 inches and series 2 3 SWBs esp CSWs

101s just about any version B)

NAS90s

Overfinch RR count ? B) B) B)

Worsts :

LR3 absolutely revolting 'postman pat Van with windows' (still hoping to see a red one ....and then ask driver cost of 1st vs 2nd class stamps :lol: )

Freelanders period......loathe them, sorry but I do, ..........except Julian R racer :lol: maybe

Latest Sport - and yes I have driven one - then it broke down :rolleyes: 'HOS'

2.5VM Range Rover Classics dreadful HOS

Nige

Best is either of mine i.e. a 300Tdi Defender (any variant) or a V8 auto Discovery for comfortable cruising

Worst is anything with independent suspension and too much electricity, I think that sums up the cream of the cr&p they are producing now

i like the classic rangie, as it did change the 4x4 world forever... but i also realy like 110 defenders... much more than 90's....

surely there is nothing more for anyone to add? (what do I win btw as I said it first?)

The best LR in the world is mine! :D

Or rather, the one I'm building very slowly... <_<

If you're talking best as it left the factory, still mine :P S3 LWB Safari with the 6-pot (only 'cos the Stage 1 V8 had the defender front end and I don't like 'em). Seats 12, room for a house in the back, the engine is almost as nice as a V8, and the safari top does actually work really well. Oh and they're the bestest looking.

I have to say Rangie, it has to be a two door and the earlier the better (you were expecting me to say CSK weren't you :P ) does it all, unburstable running gear, comfortable, ajoy to drive & hose it out.

I have to say Rangie again, the last soft dash Classics, pinnacle my bum, a hacked together testbed for the P38a and don't even let it look at a hose even with all the doors & windows closed :lol: