X-member build

white90

To get a piece of 160x80x5mm I'd have to buy a length of 7m

1.7m is enough for a x member so there'd be enough for 4

if I can get 3 others to commit I can order a length it would equate to £37 each.

I'm looking at getting mine fabricated ready to be used dependent on some investigation work.

of just keep it in the garage ready for when I need it.

I could do with a 1.7m-ish bit too. I work in the Midlands so could probably bring two bits to Dorset (or somewhere between) and you could come and get the other bit from there or wherever? When do you need it? I'm back most weekends but not this bank holiday.

ouch @ having to buy a full length !

if you don't get sorted by someone else, i'm a bit out of your way (Manchester) but we get whatever size / lengths of steel we want from our local guys.

Gordon

It's not so ouch when you can hopefully pass it on to other friendly forum members :)

If this opportunity hadn't popped up, it was going in to either a press frame, or the base of a new welding table, so either way it's not really a problem. :)

Since buying it as a 7.6m length, I've found a much friendlier stockist, who'll supply part lengths, and has scrap bins that you're free to root around in. bonus :)

true,

i see you're listed as congleton..... i get my steel from Kenyons in Macc (or a place near Handforth), a small family run business that are dead friendly :)

G