Beadlocks

mel

Hi,

I'm thinking of making some beadlockers and need some info pls;-

Thickness of material used

The i/d of the ring (is it smaller than i/d of tyre and how much ?

The dia of bolt ring (is this i/d dia of tyre) ?

How many bolts, the more the better ?

What size bolts M8 / M10 or ... ?

Captive (welded) nuts to inner ring or nut and bolt or riv nuts altho poss not strong enough ?

Thank's,

Mark

I'd say just buy a set of rings off one of the guys who does them on the forum - Gary Andrews or Saley on the forum both do very good value parts.

My Gary Andrews rings have 16 M8 bolts, with nyloc nuts on the inside and are 6mm thick steel. For the money he charges (about £150 a set of 10 rings now I think) you could barely buy the steel, so uless you have free access to a laser cutter and trade price steel I'd buy not make.

I'd say just buy a set of rings off one of the guys who does them on the forum - Gary Andrews or Saley on the forum both do very good value parts.

My Gary Andrews rings have 16 M8 bolts, with nyloc nuts on the inside and are 6mm thick steel. For the money he charges (about £150 a set of 10 rings now I think) you could barely buy the steel, so uless you have free access to a laser cutter and trade price steel I'd buy not make.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies but the reason i'm gonna have a go at making some is quoted above altho i still need to know the o/d and i/d of the rings pls ?

Thank's,

Mark

probably the easiset way to get the measurements is to buy a set of one off the guys who has spent the time researching , designing & making the product. Im sure you wont feel ripped of as they are really good value & doesnt warrant getting your head spinning with designs for the price. Failing that work it out thru a trial & error basis as others here have done.

:( Im sorry ,on reflection that is a bit rude but the point trying to be made is that you will not really be saving a lot of money on the grand scale of things so why not just buy from John Sales or Gwyn Lewis who did mine, both of which im sure would do you a good service. We all love a bargain but its funny how everyone wants to know what to fit for free when you have spent your own time/money finding out what doesn't work. If you have access to a cutter and steel etc as suggested then im sure you will have the ability to work out your own measurements..

Hi Mark, are you looking to make a set for the challenge if it and for your own use?

Or are you looking to produce in quantity to sell? If this is the case can I suggest you do the R&D / development rather than do a 'Sco*****n' ;)

Hi Paul,

And everyone who was obviously reluctant to offer any help as they thought i would be stepping on someones toes making them to sell, i can understand that and i'm sorry if anyone jumped to the wrong conclusion but no, i want to make them for myself and have no plans to go into production making beadlocks !

The question seems to have roughled a few feathers tho as i've seen lots of posts on here and other forums requesting sizes and dimensions for bits people want to make etc !

Thank's,

Mark

hi as they have said on here i have 15" and 16" in stock and trust me trying to make them your self is more hassel than its worth. but if you feel the need to make them remember how many people told you not to bother, good luck ps they are £150 to your door in uk mainland

hi as they have said on here i have 15" and 16" in stock and trust me trying to make them your self is more hassel than its worth. but if you feel the need to make them remember how many people told you not to bother, good luck ps they are £150 to your door in uk mainland

they havent gone up much considering the price on steel

Nobby

sorry to hijack the thread but i need a set for my 20" mog wheels is this something you can me with help with please?

cheers chris