HD Steering Rods

Ok i'm looking to replace my steering rods as part of my rebuild, and i figure i may as well buy some fat ones while i'm there as i'd be replacing the track rods and then getting the stock ones blasted and powder coated anyway...

So, ive seen that paddock do some for about 65quid which seems pretty reasonable. Are there any others people would recommend or are these paddock items half decent?

Thanks

I fitted Sumo bars to mine a while ago after an unfortunate incident with a big rock :blush:

A lot stronger than the original weedy things - they will support the weight of the car so you could jack the car up off them if you really wanted to.

I replaced both the drag link and the track rod on mine, I got them from -

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/c...-bars-125-p.asp

Don't know about the Paddocks ones though.

Been using the Britpart HD ones on mine for a year now, put them on for the 2008 Outback Challenge. As well as doing the OBC I've done challenge events and trials in Ireland and the UK since and they are still in good, straight condition. I don't use a steering guard either so they are pretty much on their own.

Got mine from Devon4x4, I suspect the Paddocks ones will also be Britpart. Surprisingly, considering they are Britpart, the track rod ends that came with the bars are also still in good condition !

The Paddock ones are ok at £65 but if buying them I would go for the option of the better ball joints, only problem if that they then cost you £95

Or as an alternative option Mail Order 4x4 do some, with better quality greaseable ball joints for £72.50

I got a pair of Sumo's from www.4allfours.co.uk - they are close to me, and I was able to go see Ian and pick them up. He straightened them for me when I bent them too. While a lot stronger than normal, don't presume a tree stump won't bend them pretty badly if you catch it the right way, so consider a bash plate as well.

The Paddock ones are ok at £65 but if buying them I would go for the option of the better ball joints, only problem if that they then cost you £95

Or as an alternative option Mail Order 4x4 do some, with better quality greaseable ball joints for £72.50

I have the Paddocks H/D rods too. Tho' it is worth mentioning i bought the ones with supposidly standard ball joints and the items they came with are good quality and have grease nipples too.

It does look like they are reasonable parts, unlike most paddock/britpart items which i hear endless carp about, these seem to be pretty decent, so i think i'll plump for a set.

They'll need to wait until i get my swivel rebuild kits etc, as theres not much point fitting steering rods before i dismantle the hubs and swivels, but will go on the ever growing list.

Thanks Folks