Help finding doors?

So, I bought and imported a 1992 Defender 110 5-door in November, the doors looked 'OK' and I expected some repair costs but when I got it here and opened the doors they were basically being held together by the skins. So now I'm trying to figure out how to best get a new set of doors without putting out the 2000UKP that the salvage place wants for 5 new late-model doors.

What I'm hoping to do is find someone (or multiple people) in the UK willing to help me find the 4 front doors cheap, I'm going to re-skin them in galvanized steel and put in my existing door hardware, glass, etc, if needed so basically I'm looking for good condition door frames that have been well taken care of.

Would anyone be willing to help me locate some? Please send me a PM, I've been trying to do this on-line for about a month but I just can't get enough details on doors, or people just don't respond at all because I'm 'overseas' in Canada and for some reason this makes me not worth dealing with.

I have a new chassis being knocked up right now and shipping in 2-3 weeks, I'm hoping to have doors and the new skins on that same shipment.

Help? I'll owe you a beer (or 5) next time I'm over there!

Rear doors are a nightmare at the moment and one of the main things holding up my rebuild. There are very few out there and those that exist are often pretty poor.

Buying one piece pressed doors and new hinges should be an alternative, but they are in short supply too. Undamaged wings and bonnets are also a pain.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'm struggling and I live here!

Western dont show him them im bidding on them :D

i think there are a lot of people in the same boat but 2000 for 5 used doors is steep ,i know john craddock do rear side doors for £195 and front doors for about the same so if you bought all 5 it would be about 1000 so there is a big saving for you

Western dont show him them im bidding on them :D

i think there are a lot of people in the same boat but 2000 for 5 used doors is steep ,i know john craddock do rear side doors for £195 and front doors for about the same so if you bought all 5 it would be about 1000 so there is a big saving for you

I'm happy to find older doors with good frames to clean up and galvanize then re-skin with the new-style galvanized skins, that should result in a good long-term durable door I hope.

The fact that every single eBay auction is 'pick-up only' by default for doors is also a bit of a pain, and a lot of 'no international bidders' on the listings as well which further complicates things. This is why I was hoping finding a local to help hunt for some would help.

Defenders are just so rare here that I really want this first build to be perfect and long-term durable.

I also took a look at Craddock's but the listed price I found for side doors was 349... basically all I need are the welded frames and a set of the galvanized skins that will work with my 1992 door hardware. I can't believe nobody manufactures aftermarket door frames, there must be a market for them there, here it would be a hard item to sell :)

You can buy repair sections for the frame, here... http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.com/page2.htm

yep those YRM bits are all you need-my doors were shot, peeled the skins off, cut out the rusty bottom rails welded in new ones and installed new skins. Lashings of red oxide/waxoyl/barrier between the aluminium skin and the steel frame and they should be good for years.

Also the cheapest solution.