std bumper to hi-level

With assistance...

from www.lr90.com

bumper.jpg

This was a pretty stock brb type bumper but we mounted it above the rails, made a new underside that provided the under rail brackets and then added side plates for additional fixing to the jate ring points. Tonk then cut and shut the end to creat the tapers. I was VERY pleased with it though it now sits on another members 45 ;)

With assistance...

from www.lr90.com

bumper.jpg

This was a pretty stock brb type bumper but we mounted it above the rails, made a new underside that provided the under rail brackets and then added side plates for additional fixing to the jate ring points. Tonk then cut and shut the end to creat the tapers. I was VERY pleased with it though it now sits on another members 45 ;)

nice job,looks just like i need,dont spose you have any of the fab pics?,ie: what was involved,and how it was done,brackets,where it was cut ect:

many thanks

steve.... www.stevesmuddy90@hotmail.com post-5572-1239457256_thumb.jpg

Nice truck. Sorry no pics or cad drawings. It was a rather impromptu mod, Tonk did it on the spot and all I brought were some pics of Ivor Clegg's truck (IFWDC).

It was simply unbolted and bolted above the chassis rails (old lower mounting tabs become the top mounting tabs) and a large piece of plate was bent into a `\_ sort of cross section, upper flat welded under front edge of bumper and lower flat drilled to tuck under the chassis rails and provide the new lower mounting tabs. Strengthening gussets cut to suit and added and the bumper ended cut n shut to provide the tapers. Did turn out very well though and big thanks to Tonk for the fab magic but sadly he's no longer into Land Rover's.

i must say its a damn fine bumper and i'm very greatful to trev thanks mind it'll but getting a little abuse in russia shortly :ph34r:

mike

cheers for that,i guest that was probly the way you went,after looking at mine,think ive pretty well sused it

thanks for all your help........

mny thanks

stevpost-5572-1239552989_thumb.jpgpost-5572-1239553056_thumb.jpge...

• 2 weeks later...