Bass Amp Wiring

geoffbeaumont

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the bass amplifier from the premium sound system fitted to late classics? The Clarion system with the huge sub fitted in the right hand side of the boot. The amp was fixed to the top of the sub.

I've got one of those amps which I'm hoping to wire up to the sub for the back door of my Discovery (mine originally had the entry level two speaker stereo, so no wiring for a sub).

If it helps the usual way to wire an aftermarket amplifier is:

12 volt positive straight from battery via a suitable fuse, and cable,

Earth wire same size cable as 12v feed. going to the nearest suitable earth,

Signal in, from Headunit, usually pair of RCA cables click here for RCA cable picture

Signal out to subwoofer, should be cable capable of handling the power

and a 12v switched feed, sometimes called REM which comes from the Headunit and is used to switch the Amplifier on or off,

Hope the above helps, but it may be completly useless as its for generic aftermarket amplifiers,

Dan

The RRC subwoofer is wired as above

• Power in on Light Green & Orange (via 10A fuse)
  • Signal in on Red & Yellow
  • Earth is Black
  • Signal screen is earthed at the head unit

The attached file has all the details.

BTW - the RRC sub works well in the back of a D110 CSW for that proper chav'd up effect :lol:

RRC_Audio.pdf

Cheers - I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow. Did look at using an aftermarket amp (they start from about £30, and have standard connectors so would be easier to wire), but they're all huge! I'm already losing one of the side bins to the CD changer, I'm not sacrificing the other one to and amp. The Range Rover one is nice and small (about a twentieth of the size of the smallest aftermarket amps I can find) and will tuck nicely behind the trim.

Guest noggy
If it helps the usual way to wire an aftermarket amplifier is:

12 volt positive straight from battery via a suitable fuse, and cable,

Earth wire same size cable as 12v feed. going to the nearest suitable earth,

Signal in, from Headunit, usually pair of RCA cables click here for RCA cable picture

Signal out to subwoofer, should be cable capable of handling the power

and a 12v switched feed, sometimes called REM which comes from the Headunit and is used to switch the Amplifier on or off,

Hope the above helps, but it may be completly useless as its for generic aftermarket amplifiers,

Dan

The rem wire is generally 5volts....

Next question...

Could some kind person take a photo of their sub woofer amp in situ for me? I know where it fits, it's the wires I'm interested in, so I can make sure I'm identifying the connections correctly.

If anyone happens to have the correct connectors going spare please let me know! Otherwise I think I'll have to bodge it with individual connectors, because I'm not paying fifty quid for a sub just to cut the connector off and scrap it... Better chance of getting my hands on the other connector, I guess, since that probably gets left in the vehicle by most breakers.