Nice To See We Were Appreciated

BogMonster

of course we should set it up as close to the beer tent as possible and supply our customers with beer and maybe food and persuade them not to renew there subs whilst selling interesting stuff like T-shirts and stickers

etc :D

I don't think Mr Green will be to worried about people not buying the magazine because he's shut the forum...

Forget what forum membership figures say, you'll probably find most niche based forums have 200 - 500 regular members...

compare that to the circulation figures of the magazine of around 17,000 for LRE and 52,000 for LROi and at best forums are just a very small sideline..

:D But that is just a bit different. :rolleyes: That's out in broad daylight & distant, whereas the Forum hits one right between the eyeballs 60cm from one's boat. B)

Black is not a favourite colour of mine at the best of times, & it may be a good Forum & the Admin a nice bloke, but I doubt I'll visit often.

Nice one Mark :)

Though we need to be considerate to land rover chronicles as it clearly covers a different space to LRA but definately room for them to compliment each other.

And Les

The colour scheme is a bit too much as well, orange and black!!

Not sure Moglite would agree :)

The domain owner shows up on whois as one Michael Muir of Fulsom, CA. Whodat?

Incidentally, does anyone else remember the goings on some years ago between alt.tasteless and rec.pets.cats? I'm thinking the chronicles might be a good place to post medical questions...

one's boat.

You can't say that, you blinking Australian! You have to be a bleedin' cockney like I is innit!

Les.

We're slowly bringing him round to speaking real English rather than cobberspeak.

Its not true what they say about teaching old dogs.....

:P

You've sparked a very sensible discussion there Mark.

Had to happen eventually ;)

Though we need to be considerate to land rover chronicles as it clearly covers a different space to LRA but definately room for them to compliment each other.

Absolutely, the two places appear very different and will cater to different markets. Hence I didn't go in there with all guns blazing (gripe is with LRE, or at least certain staff members, not with the chronical place, however closely related), but thought it worth while posting a link to here as the LRE forum directs them there.

So, Anybody got a copy of the parting blow? All I get now is that it's closed, and that I should look at that chronic-les site (which is also closed...)

just curious. Having been on the LRE Forum for about 5 years, it's kinda sad to see it end in such bitter and petty disputes.

Cheers

Mark