mile marker winch

wib

i bought a milmarker winch off ebay just need some information so i can fit the winch can the winch go eney way ie pump left or right thanks ian

Do you mean the winch motor?

Mine is on the drivers side. I used a disco winch bumper which suited it. Dog sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow on the RR PS pump tho.

Do you mean the winch motor?

Mine is on the drivers side. I used a disco winch bumper which suited it. Dog sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow on the RR PS pump tho.

i got a zf 74 pump so shouldnt be sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooow thanks for your help

i got a zf 74 pump so shouldnt be sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooow thanks for your help

Good,

That should be an improvement. Please post pics of setup when complete.

The thing with hydraulic is it wont "race" when under no load like electric winches.

i think you mean what way around to fit the winch??

i fitted mine with the gearbox on the drivers side, cant remember why though, not sure if it matters to be honest but prob best to find out for sure, try 4x4winches.com

oh and i upgraded from a zf74 because it was still sooooooooo slow

hth

martin

i think you mean what way around to fit the winch??

i fitted mine with the gearbox on the drivers side, cant remember why though, not sure if it matters to be honest but prob best to find out for sure, try 4x4winches.com

oh and i upgraded from a zf74 because it was still sooooooooo slow

hth

martin

what pump did u upgrade to martin thanks

hi,

i cant remember the exact spec of the pump but i think it is about 35cc and is run off the pto on the transfer box, im led to believe it is a superwinch item and was origionally fitted to a landrover cherrypicker, all piped in 1/2 inch hose and a manual spool valve

it was the best mod i ever done as it totally transforms the winch

martin

hi,

i cant remember the exact spec of the pump but i think it is about 35cc and is run off the pto on the transfer box, im led to believe it is a superwinch item and was origionally fitted to a landrover cherrypicker, all piped in 1/2 inch hose and a manual spool valve

it was the best mod i ever done as it totally transforms the winch

martin

used the winch today very strong just abit slow?

this pump is worth a think for your application it will make it fly.

Are you still using the solenoid control valves that came with the MM?

They will limit flow to 13 l min even if the pump can do more, so they need to be replaced too

I'm delighted with my winch but not with the pump so I'm working on a similar solution, but if I had seen that pump and clutch last year I would have bought it no question.

RR

this pump is worth a think for your application it will make it fly.

Are you still using the solenoid control valves that came with the MM?

They will limit flow to 13 l min even if the pump can do more, so they need to be replaced too

I'm delighted with my winch but not with the pump so I'm working on a similar solution, but if I had seen that pump and clutch last year I would have bought it no question.

RR

ye still usein the mm solenoid control valves. that pump is the bees .i need a new solution to let me know how u get on . were do u think i would get the solenoid control valves changed? thanks RR

Hi m8,

I'm not sure how easy it is to interface to the motor when it was bought with the MM solenoid configuration.

I bought mine like that and may yet regret it. In all honesty I haven't got as far as you, you do at least have a configuration that runs the winch at proper speed.

If you can solve the connection and pump problem, then there are 2 options.

A replacement solenoid that can flow a decent rate, maybe a 12v version of this this would mean the winch would be a switch, ie on full speed or off.

a lever valve that would control flow and therefore the rate of the motor.

Something like this

But is a PITA to mount in the cab and route the lines and what if you want more than operating point?

So I guess that I am leaning toward the solenoids for me

Hi m8,

I'm not sure how easy it is to interface to the motor when it was bought with the MM solenoid configuration.

I bought mine like that and may yet regret it. In all honesty I haven't got as far as you, you do at least have a configuration that runs the winch at proper speed.

If you can solve the connection and pump problem, then there are 2 options.

A replacement solenoid that can flow a decent rate, maybe a 12v version of this this would mean the winch would be a switch, ie on full speed or off.

a lever valve that would control flow and therefore the rate of the motor.

Something like this

But is a PITA to mount in the cab and route the lines and what if you want more than operating point?

So I guess that I am leaning toward the solenoids for me

a new solenoids pack sounds about right with a decent flow rate and upgrade the pump to a good flow rate ?

spoke to alan from alfred winch today he told me to go down the route of 2 zf 74 pumps running together ?

He's right, in as much as it will give you more flow. That would be then an investment of £400 in pumps dangerously close to the price of the imported pump I listed at the top, and still doesnt get rid of the obstruction of the standard solenoid pack. I would personally change those first.

As Im cheap, I would run 2 omega pumps in parallel, if I was going to use power steering pumps.

I still think that one of the monsters from muncie KILLS the pump problem dead, but seriously the standard solenoid is your limiter at the moment.

Have a look here, as It has been discussed before

In fact, it is stated in that thread that the standard Valve can do 26 L/min, SO I dunno....