Manual Throttle

Jamest535

I have got a few extra things on my disco, and when everything is on, i need the throttle to increase abit, so how do you and has anyone put a little thottle stick or something on there disco to increse the REVS. Cheers

Saferi 1998 TDi Auto

If I've read your post right, you've got a late Tdi Disco, you've added some extra electrical kit (lights / winch etc I assume) and you want to know if anyone has fitted a hand throttle?

Easiest (and cheapest) way is to use a universal choke cable.

That's the way I went with my Tdi 110 - You should be able to find a space either on the column shroud or dash to mount one neatly. You'll need to drill the throttle arm on the injector pump and fit a suitable connector (eg a bicycle brake caliper bolt) to connect the cable inner.

When I get the chance I'll take some pics of my setup so you can see what I mean.

Cheers,

Matt

If you wanted to be a bit sexercisey and modern about it, you could find an idle air valve from a scrap car (most EFI cars have one somewhere) and connect it to a dashboard switch. If you put a restriction in line with it you could fine-tune it to give the desired RPM lift.

I think some Range Rovers have such a valve, actuated when the air-con kicks in.