Save Sarn Helen

GBMUD

http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16559

Nothing to do with me other than wishing to retain my right to use SH.

Pretty much anyone who has been on a forum trip to Wales or has been up/down LFH will have used this lane.

Printing and completing this form will take you about 3-5 minutes.

Chris

Letter ready for postman

Come on folks, a bit of people power needed here.

Pretty much anyone who has been on a forum trip to Wales or has been up/down LFH will have used this lane.

Chris

Done mine today, i have been on about this for ages and even discussed it with GLASS reps at Gaydon two years ago about why no one was having a go at retaining one of the countries most popular byways. I am really glad to see that Mark has taken up the challenge. Good on him, and I wish him well.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris

can you provide more info like grid ref start and finish, I'm not familiar with this lane. The form requires this info.

regards

can you provide more info like grid ref start and finish, I'm not familiar with this lane. The form requires this info.

regards

The details are pre-printed on the form along with OS map ectracts. If you are not familiar with the lane then your user evidence is not likely to be worth anything?

Chris

The details are pre-printed on the form along with OS map ectracts. If you are not familiar with the lane then your user evidence is not likely to be worth anything?

Chris

With this sort of thing it’s as many names as you can get to prove usage. I have helped with a lot of justification for lanes in Wiltshire.

I have the forms at home to fill in so I didn't print out the one found by following the links. A pre printed form smacks of mass production; I normally get everyone I know who owns a 4x4 to fill in the paperwork.

If you don't want me to submit a form - no problem

It is not my campaign to tell you not to fill in a form.

Submitting false evidence is something akin to fraud and, if found out, is likely to devalue legitimate user evidence.

Chris

We are up against a well supported group with the ramblers etc who seem to be more motivated to have the lanes closed than we are at trying to keep them open.

To be honest TRW put us and Glass to shame when it comes to fighting to keep them open.

Most users of byways drive them without ever knowing there names.

Please do not accuse me of fraud or anything else if you don't mind.

I am a responsible user of rights of way for something in the reign of 15 years and know the lanes in Wiltshire very well.

I get involved with keeping them open for all and there correct use.

Please do not accuse me of fraud or anything else if you don't mind.

I am a responsible user of rights of way for something in the reign of 15 years and know the lanes in Wiltshire very well.

I get involved with keeping them open for all and there correct use.

If you feel I have accused you of fraud then you have misread my post, please go back and read it again carefully.

Sarn Helen (or, at least, the parts referred to here) is in South Wales, not Wiltshire.

I applaud your efforts to keep lanes open, we need more people prepared to get involved and gave back as well as just take. I maintain that all user and other evidence supplied should be genuine and above board.

Chris

We have been repairing Sarn Helen for a few years.

http://www.crag-uk.org/index.php?option=co...61&Itemid=2

The first project I was involved in was with Glass which was laying stone into deep ruts then CRAG built the footbridge over the river which had nothing to do with 4X4's but saved pedestrians getting their feet wet. CRAG have since done several repairs and all have been sanctioned by BBNP, they supply the stone and we lay it.

If Sarn Helen does not have vehicle rights why are they supplying the stone for us to maintain it. Fairly conclusive user evidence?