Sorry 200tdi into 90 pic request

Sorry guys,

I know its been covered in depth, but I cant get onto the pictures thread in the Archive.

Can anyone post me a pic or two of how they've adapted the bottom hose, and how they've done the air filter connections/locations please.

Thanks in advance,

Mick.

Can't get piccies as dark now but will add some tomorrow - These are 'library' pictures and may help a bit:

post-9229-1239823936_thumb.jpg

post-9229-1239823980_thumb.jpg

I used a 90' hose (from disco I think) at the turbo outlet which then connects to a bit of 48mm O/D alli-scaff :ph34r: , which then connects to the inter-cooler via what I think is the original disco bottom inter-cooler hose. I had to 'modify' the inner wing using an angle grinder and pad saw and remove the front leg of the air filter housing.

This was a bodge to get the truck on the road but has been in situ since early March - I was doing it in the snow whenever that was :blink: . I'm going to keep the set up as is, but put two bends in the pipe to create an offset as this will see a cleaner fit.

Now as for the turbo fresh air feed - thats another question entirely :huh:

HTH,

Dave.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Dave, should have said I was after the bottom hose for the radiator, DOH! Although that is a help as I've not got round to the lower intercooler hose... tomorrow's task.

I've fitted the old 2.5TD bottom radiator hose, it fits on the radiator and the expansion tank no problems, but as the disco water pump outlet is at a different angle it wont fit. I did try fitting a 90 degree bend but the pipe kinked, so was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what they did.

Anymore for anymore?

Mick.

Cool -

to fit the bottom rad hose I used the original TD bottom pipe and then where the X-switch was 'inserted' I turned the pipe until it was the correct angle. I used an old bit of pipe cut out from the TD heater matrix circuit to extend the expansion tank connection.

Like this -

post-9229-1239868149_thumb.jpg

D.

Hi,

For the bottom rad hose I use the old hose that was on my 2,5 NA.

Had to cut it a bit to get the X-eng switch in, but this enabled me to get the last bit of hose twisted towards the waterpump.

For the airbox I combined the 2,5 NA filterboxhousing with the 200 tdi filterbox lid.

Tubing towards the turbo is mainly made up of the tubes and pipes that came with the TDI Disco engine.

Here are some pics:

lucht3.jpg

lucht4.jpg

lucht5.jpg

lucht6.jpg

Good luck !

Hi,

For the bottom rad hose I use the old hose that was on my 2,5 NA.

Had to cut it a bit to get the X-eng switch in, but this enabled me to get the last bit of hose twisted towards the waterpump.

For the airbox I combined the 2,5 NA filterboxhousing with the 200 tdi filterbox lid.

Tubing towards the turbo is mainly made up of the tubes and pipes that came with the TDI Disco engine.

Here are some pics:

Good luck !

Smoky,

That looks like an incredibly neat job mate, nice one.

Mark.