ace leak

marsie

After a trip to manchester airport on sunday i noticed spots of oil on my rear window :angry: further investigation showed a pin hole in the ace pipe that runs along the front crossmember.It has about 18" of rubber hose swaged onto the steel pipe that joins to the pump banjo and the leak is in the rubber section.So i wondered if anyone else had had this problem and is there an easy fix other than replacing the whole(one piece) pipe to the valve block,which looks a nightmare :o

I was thinking of cutting the steel pipe on the straight part and fitting a 10mm compression joint and then getting a new flexi made up at a local hydraulic hose company.Is there any reason why this shouldnt work??

Paul :)

"I was thinking of cutting the steel pipe on the straight part and fitting a 10mm compression joint and then getting a new flexi made up at a local hydraulic hose company.Is there any reason why this shouldnt work??"

sounds good to me as this part from lr will be over £70 each and new pipes come in 2 pieces to make them easyer to fit or buy 1 and get a 10mm hydraulic fitting may be worth trying the brakers for the bit of pipe you need and saying that your not botherd about it being cut

had the pipe made up today by pirtek,he used 5000psi swaged hose :D .Upto now no leaks but the pump is a bit noisy,hopefully just air in the system and it will quieten down once the oil has got round everywhere <_<

Paul :)