200 to 300 conversion

landylover2a

Hi

My 200 tdi head gasket went last week and when we took the head off we noticed cracks between the valves on 3 or the 4 pairs, i'll either replace the head / replace the engine / have the head welded or if possible fit the much quieter 300 tdi. As i know of one for good money. Is it possible to put a 300 tdi into a 200 tdi disco with LT77, if so what is involved ?

Thanks

Josh

id stay with the 200 bud , i changed my 300 manual to a 200 auto and imo its a beter engine , revs alot beter

the 300's bugger heads

think u would need to change the box to a r380 and u would have to cut the engine mounts of the chassis and weld the 300 one on

You may well be right regarding engine mounts, but the Discovery version of both 200 and 300 Tdi are interchangeable with regard to mating to gearboxes. Or in other words, in a Disco both Tdis fit both boxes :)

You may well be right regarding engine mounts, but the Discovery version of both 200 and 300 Tdi are interchangeable with regard to mating to gearboxes. Or in other words, in a Disco both Tdis fit both boxes :)

didnt know that the boxes would fit either , learnt somthing today :D