This'll make you choke on your chips

Les Henson

The Spam has started, along with the bull.

Copied from LRA:-

This statement was issued by LAND ROVER enthusiast magazine, organisers of the largest Land Rover show in the world, on February 9th, 2006.

"We understand that ownership of Billing Aquadrome has, or is in the process of changing hands. No official statement has yet been issued but we believe that a company from the Lake District that already owns 3 similar parks is involved.

In the November 2005 issue of LAND ROVER enthusiast we announced the date for the July 2007 show, and we will shortly be announcing the date for July 2008 - the 60th anniversary of Land Rover .

We have a written committment from Billing Aquadrome that ( from 2005 ) 'the show will continue to be hosted at Billing Aquadrome for a period of at least 5 years by LAND ROVER enthusiast'.

Magazines promoting similar shows promise a lot but fail to deliver the goods. The LAND ROVER enthusiast Show at Billing Aquadrome continues to be the largest and best Land Rover show in the world!"

Richard Green

Publisher

LAND ROVER enthusiast

The bit about failing to deliver the goods - is it just me, or is that what LRE normally do?

Les.

No it didn't

I was drinking coffee though, not eating chips :D

I was thinking about having a holiday this year to coincide with Billing but it seems a long way to go to stand in a piddle (sorry puddle) of P&&&

Considering the complaints are generally few, but the same every year, you would have thought that someone at the magazine might twig that if they spend that small amount of extra cash putting things right then people would tend to agree with their claims.

I mean - Clean things more than once a day isn't rocket science is it? I bet the poor cleaners get the minimum wage too.

Les. :)

you'd have thought that they would have learnt by now not to post on LRA :D or maybe it's a moral boost for them as they shout "oh it's just the same one's moaning again, they're always the same" maybe for a reason perhaps :rolleyes:

Don't think I'll be bothering with it

I like Billing!

I've been every year since 1992 and although it's changed over that time, I don't think it has got particularly better or worse.

I agree the toilets could be better - but they are no worse than at any other event with similar numbers of people (with similar inability to point vaguely at the urinal).

Go to Glastonbury or any of the other festivals and Billing will seem pretty good!

I thought HFH's comment about being ripped off from when you enter to when you leave was a bit strong. The tickets are expensive I agree - but I have still bought my biggest bargains at Billing. Surprisingly more so than Sodbury.

Si

Hi Simon,

Good point, bargains can be ghad, I was meaning from the organisers and particualrly food, entry "map / mag thingy" all "Extra", then the costs for camping etc etc etc and the rubbish off road course etc etc

Guess when the bottom of your jeans and boots are caked in "Stuff" that you wish it didn't stink so, then you feel the money handed out was poor. Camping put a whole new meaning of "Roughing it" which I won't pay to repeat ! :lol:

Nige

As everything, its what you make it. I enjoy a few days away camping with a few mates drinking beer and browsing Land Rovers.

Expensive? Maybe.

Bit lax on the cleaning? Maybe.

Security lax or heavy handed? Maybe.

Bargins to be had? Maybe not.

What the hell - I enjoy it all. :D

Go to Glastonbury or any of the other festivals and Billing will seem pretty good!

Sorry Si - have to say Glasto toilets are pretty darned good these days - better than Reading festival and definitely better than Billing.

I think Glasto they're emptied & cleaned about 2-hourly or more :o if a bunch of hippies can make it work in a field for 100,000 people why can't LRE in a dedicated showground?

I think Glasto they're emptied & cleaned about 2-hourly or more :o if a bunch of hippies can make it work in a field for 100,000 people why can't LRE in a dedicated showground?

It's not as though people have neglected to state their concerns about the toilet facilities and other things at Billing year after year. All this was repeatedly raised via the old LRE forum after each Billing show :rolleyes:

It's not as though people have neglected to state their concerns about the toilet facilities and other things at Billing year after year. All this was repeatedly raised via the old LRE forum after each Billing show :rolleyes:

Vote with your feet and dont bother going! :blink:

Or pay, attend, but demend an instant refund and leave in a huff straight away to register your disproval.

Then go back in because you have arranged to meet friends and don't want to disappoint them, then spoil their weekend by constantly complaining about EVERYTHING! :D

(beat that, smarty-pants :P }

Les. :D

if you camp on the farmers field next to the off road course its a much more pleasent experience..... clean toilets/showers and its possible to get some sleep.

i think we paid £14 a night last year..... only nproblem wa the air ambulance landed in our part of the camp site and blew the tents over :(