which pulley for a V8 with power steering (pas) ?

Hello,

I'm currently upgrading my '83 defender v8 (carb) to power steering. To drive the power steering pump via the (additional) belt, I guess I need an other crank shaft pulley. I do get different messages from people on what pulley I do need. Is there somebody who did similar conversion and can send me a picture (or link) of the pulley used ?

Frits

There are more crank pulleys, PAS pulleys, belts configs and bracket variants than you can shake a Dipstick at

Many look reaaaaly similar - until you try to fit them all :(

Best is to find and engine and take the crank, pulley, PAS Pump, PAS bracketry,

water pump, poss timing cover alternator bracket alternator tnesioner (if applicable) belts and all other bits for front end and fit as one

For a 83 carb V8 anything Non serp - so that 3.5 Carbed or EFI with PAS - with Cast PAS and bits, up to mid 3.9 pre serp Tin PAS and bits

Get them all and its a simple nuts and bolts job mix bits and its a world of Ooooooooooooo and Arghhhhh :lol:

Happy hunting :)

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno where you are, but I've got 2 scrap motors with various configurations of pulleys. You are more than welcome to have them both, for free, as long as you take em away.

I'm in farnborough, hants.

Hello,

I'm currently upgrading my '83 defender v8 (carb) to power steering. To drive the power steering pump via the (additional) belt, I guess I need an other crank shaft pulley. I do get different messages from people on what pulley I do need. Is there somebody who did similar conversion and can send me a picture (or link) of the pulley used ?

Frits