Those "unbendable" HD Steering arms ?

"Ey up" Nige, having tried several types of bar and bent them all, one bar stands out head and shoulders over all other bars.

Carl Hursts "Goldigger" solid bar, you will bend the chassis before they give up, but keep a spare TR end, they give up instead.

Must be tough, they're from "oop Nerth", tough as old boots, no good for you Southern nancies, "ey" Nige

They did, but i still need to pay the mortgage so i will still make stuff at home,

Carl.

AH HA :)

Carl,

Have you got a pic of one you can posty up ?

I guess its solid but (without giving secrets away) why does Sir Boothy swear by them so much ?

Have you got a made one for a 90 (one behind axle) ready ?

Lastly if we can agree price and I paypal you can you guarantee it to me for next weekend :) ?

Nige

AH HA :)

Carl,

Have you got a pic of one you can posty up ?

I guess its solid but (without giving secrets away) why does Sir Boothy swear by them so much ?

Have you got a made one for a 90 (one behind axle) ready ?

Lastly if we can agree price and I paypal you can you guarantee it to me for next weekend :) ?

Nige

Hello,

If you could cope with one with right hand threads in both ends then yes i can get one to you, Reason is i broke the left hooker and not orderd a new one yet and they are made to order so takes a couple of weeks to get on, They are 32mm solid arospace alloy, very tough stuff, no one has bent one to date, the rod ends give first, If you can drill & tap your self i can supply just the bar,

Carl.

The Gwyn Lewis guard looks remarkably like a guard we used when we were doing Hill Rallies about 12 years ago. Can you change the track rod without removing it or a wheel ? I binned mine after a TRE snapped in a forest section and we had to remove the downhill front wheel with the motor on a sideslope, turning a 2 minute job of changing to the spare track rod into a VERY dodgy 2 hour job

Not if you pull the whole bar through the spokes in your Mach5 wheels. B) I have used two bars for a long time(one spare) and just straighten them with the pipe bender as required. Takes a short time to get them right but they always come good. One is a brittpart and one a sumo and both bend as easy as each other when you are in the wrong place.

Mmmmm

Well Carl has come up trumps with his BoothyProof BS666 Steering rod,

fitted 2x RH Thread track rods in (1 spare to carry :) ) and sorted the

tracking which seems to now drive far better than with the old one :rolleyes:

post-22-1240681041_thumb.jpg post-22-1240680987_thumb.jpg

Real qulaity bit of steel and machining, and BIG :) and SOLID if I bend this

I think that might be the least of me problems as I may be then on the

way to hospital anyway at that point .... :lol:

Ta Muchly Carl

Nige

just a suggestion,

has anyone ever thought about one that is made with bends in it so it is tucked up out of the way of harm?

if yougets me, and build it like a brick s**thouse

Yes

There is one - can't for the life of me rememebr

who makes it, not UK and I fink seriously expensive :(

If only my memory .....what was I saying then ? :lol:

The Gwyn Lewis guard looks remarkably like a guard we used when we were doing Hill Rallies about 12 years ago. Can you change the track rod without removing it or a wheel ? I binned mine after a TRE snapped in a forest section and we had to remove the downhill front wheel with the motor on a sideslope, turning a 2 minute job of changing to the spare track rod into a VERY dodgy 2 hour job.

Re. the Britpart HD ones, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face there, they are really good, much stronger than the MJL "Dan bar" sleeves that I used to use, I don't use steering guards either so they live or die under their own strength.

It may sound strange but when the wheel is turned so that the track rod end is as far into Gwyn's track rod box as possible there is loads of room to remove the track rod from the hub taper.

Gwyn's track rod guard/box

I have used one of these for years initially with a std track rod then with a sumo bar after catching the vulnerable part between the hockey stick and track rod end.

The current design is a slightly larger size than original to allow use with larger tube over std type bars.

Gwyn also makes these to fit disco 2 as well as defender axles.

just a suggestion,

has anyone ever thought about one that is made with bends in it so it is tucked up out of the way of harm?

if yougets me, and build it like a brick s**thouse

Er

yeah

rewind to post 17 <weeabablblowobbowlwbowlbwobowlbwoblwobwbowbeeeowww>

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=388593

;)