Jump to content

Project Update

Recommended Posts

I should start with a quick summary, i'm rebuilding a '85 defender onto a nice galvanised chassis, and in the process i'm intending to install a 4.2L V8 from an Audi A8.

Over the last few weeks i've finally got the chassis out, axles installed, and started painting it.

I decided that before i go any further i wanted to check if the engine was actually going to fit into the chassis, so today we dug the engine out and test fitted it into the chassis.

Took some photos so thaught i'd stick them up:


Looks like it should just about fit, i need to cut the engine mounts off the chassis, and remove some of the alloy bracketry to clear some odd bits, and i may need to remove the internal oil filter assy and install some kinda External oil filter.

Gonna have to knock up the adaptor and remove the obstructing parts, then i can get some engine mounts knocked up!

Progress at last!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy