Windscream wipers

I believe I need a replacement part here - my wipers don't park, have intermittent function or 2 speed (its very slow). Otherwise works fine! :P

I had a look at what was there and I have read (some where) that I need to replace a bit on the wiper motor.

Is it this bit? If so whats it called?? :unsure:

wipermotor.jpg

You advice is gratefully received, as ever!

does it have a plunger on the back or something to tie-up with the cam on the inside of the gearbox? if it does then that would be the part that does the parking, never had one apart so don't know any more :unsure:

Yes, it does have a plunger on the back now you mention it! I wiggled it about but it didnt seem to do much! Had no 'spring' to the plunger.

may have just got gungy, maybe some WD40 squirted in and wiggled will get it working again?

Muddyplugger,

As Minivin says, that indeed is the bit. Check that it is all there - when I did mine, the nose had snapped off the plunger. Then put the wipers on and off, stopping them in the middle of the screen and prod the little plunger. If it does not work then it may be the contacts inside.

I never actually had to buy another as I had a scrap motor with a good switch in the garage. I think it is a common switch on many of the older Land Rover motors so should be easily found if not availabe cheaply :)

Thanks guys, I will need a new one as the plunger was almost loose when (before) I fiddled with it!

Off for a 'park switch' hunt now..... oh I just love re-building my Landy part by part!!!

Thanks again! (especially for part no! :) )

Take the duff one with you, to show exactly what you want/need :D