Where is the nearest pay & Play site to me?

Madcowz

After a gentle drive around a field ended up with my neighbour having to tow me out with his tractor (Although it was his fault as he suggested "driving through that marshy bit there") I think I need to have a go at a Pay & Play site.

I have tried Google and can't seem to find any that are near to me (Dorking area). Can anyone suggest a good site?

Thanks.

1129x1x.jpg

More pictures here: http://landroveroneten.com/land-rover-gall...bum=ProperStuck

No marshall's. one bloke with a digger to pull you out, if he feels like it........

They allow quads, bikes. truck's that look like they came out of a scrappy for £50.......

No speed limits, people speeding about over obstacles in both directions

You could be going over a hill and a quad come at you at full pelt from the other direction.... :excl:

NOT my idea of a decent day's playing

No marshall's. one bloke with a digger to pull you out, if he feels like it........

They allow quads, bikes. truck's that look like they came out of a scrappy for £50.......

No speed limits, people speeding about over obstacles in both directions

You could be going over a hill and a quad come at you at full pelt from the other direction.... :excl:

NOT my idea of a decent day's playing

Oh my, sounds quite...erm...interesting. Well I'll try the Slindon site first anwyay, only an hour's drive away and seems better for a relative novice such as myself.

Thanks guys,

I like the idea of Slindon and Boxgrove, local and they cater for absolute novices who get stuck all the time.

ive got worse, when i first started i actually got stuck less.

i mainly go to broxhead, slab and hogmoor in bordon. On the paynplay website it shows mud monsters are fairly close, the website hasnt been updated recently so is it still going, has anyone been there and whats it like?

There are a few videos on YouTube under 'grinstead 4x4', and a Google Maps entry for it, but I can't find anything more than that.

The organisers web site is here Mud Monsters and has a contact page. The web site give the impression it's all Suzukis, but it was a good mix when I went. They spent most of last bank holiday weekend devising new routes.

I went to this one for the first time on Sunday and it's prettty good but quite informal. It's not widely advertised as the organiser doesn't want it to get too large.

More info here East Grinstead Pay n Play.

The Anoraks 4x4 club (as seen on Scrapheap Challenge) regularly attend and have lots of photos of the site here Anoraks Event Gallery E. Grinstead April 19th.

The organisers web site is here Mud Monsters and has a contact page. The web site give the impression it's all Suzukis, but it was a good mix when I went. They spent most of last bank holiday weekend devising new routes.

I went to this one for the first time on Sunday and it's prettty good but quite informal. It's not widely advertised as the organiser doesn't want it to get too large.

More info here East Grinstead Pay n Play.

The Anoraks 4x4 club (as seen on Scrapheap Challenge) regularly attend and have lots of photos of the site here Anoraks Event Gallery E. Grinstead April 19th.

How did you find out the dates for the games? Just by contacting the guy listed on the contacts page?

Wherabouts in East Grinstead are you? I'm in Crawley Down, very local :D

There's also Piccadilly Wood, dunno how good it is but I'll be trying it out this summer hopefully, once I'm back from Uni. I'm just the other side of Crawley :)

http://www.piccadillywood4x4.co.uk/

A few of us were there over Christmas and again on Easter Sunday. Definitely a site for serious tyres only in the wetter months. My half worn BFG muds really struggled with deep ruts and heavy clay :(

One of the guys with Simexes and lockers made it look a lot easier :rolleyes:

I expect in the summer it's a whole different story.

How did you find out the dates for the games? Just by contacting the guy listed on the contacts page?

Wherabouts in East Grinstead are you? I'm in Crawley Down, very local :D

There's a guy on www.difflock.com "Freeski-James" who who first posted a write up of this site and he asked who was going on Apr 19th. I was free so I called the site organiser to get some details and check it was OK to turn up.

I'm just off the London Road between Felbridge and the Trinity Church roundabout.

ive got worse, when i first started i actually got stuck less.

i mainly go to broxhead, slab and hogmoor in bordon. On the paynplay website it shows mud monsters are fairly close, the website hasnt been updated recently so is it still going, has anyone been there and whats it like?

the guy at mud monsters is very fussy on who he lets and is invite only. not open to public

• 2 weeks later...