All things rubbery.....

bishbosh

Does anyone know where you can get the soft rubber "boots" that go over the terminals of winch motor cables? Please don't say VWP - the ones they have are rubbish. I want the oem Superwinch or Warn stylee.

Also, does anyone have a source of large grommets with a "tail" on? Specifically, the one that the starter motor cable goes through from the defender battery box? I need to get four winch cables in / out and would like to do it properly!

Thanks very much. :)

Thanks folks. I was going to call David in the morning but want to see what is available. the Simtek ones are an improvement over the VWP, but still a bit clunky....

Any thoughts on the grommets? Part number perhaps Ralph... ;)

Thanks folks. I was going to call David in the morning but want to see what is available. the Simtek ones are an improvement over the VWP, but still a bit clunky....

I got some recently from carbuildersolutions.

Hi Bish

You could use one of the large battery box grommets on the TD5 seat boxes. You could pass all four winch cables through a single grommet that way.

Cheers

Steve

For large tailed grommets have a look at marine suppliers, they use them for bulkhead entry, especially control cables between large outboards and the driving position.

Matthew on here might be worth a shout as he does a lot of marine installations.

John

Matt,

You should keep your wardrobe to yourself mate!!

I have sourced some suitable grommets (hopefully) from Farnell, thanks Fridge :) . Will buy terminal boots from David B but want to get a bulk purchase price as I need 20 for two winches!! (4 motor, 4 solenoid, 2 isolator x 2 winches) :o:o and don't fancy £2 +vat each!!