300 Tdi power steering pump noise

I had a leak in my power steering system which I didn't find until the fluid ran low and the pump made an awful loud whirring noise. Pump seems to work fine but now runs with a definite whirring which has got REALLY annoying. Fitted a brand new pump, this also makes a slight whirring noise. I've bled the system enough for it to be running new fluid (Dexron DII) and can't get rid of the noise. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal for the pump to make noise?.

I had a leak in my power steering system which I didn't find until the fluid ran low and the pump made an awful loud whirring noise. Pump seems to work fine but now runs with a definite whirring which has got REALLY annoying. Fitted a brand new pump, this also makes a slight whirring noise. I've bled the system enough for it to be running new fluid (Dexron DII) and can't get rid of the noise. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal for the pump to make noise?.

If the noise is happening whilst on full lock it is perfectly "normal"(in landy terms) ;) for the pas pump to make this noise, I usually carry a small bottle of fluid with me, but also include it in my twice weekly level checks. :)