AXLE DIFFERENCE

right here goes, Sunday while Marshalling i destroyed yet another CV joint, pulling a hybrid from the clay pit at tixover, and i know how much those of you who have competed there love the pit, my 90 runs on standard axles at the moment, i do not have the cash for 24 spline axles, even though, these tend to have the same problem ,as Spot found out 10 minutes before i broke mine,

now my question is, i have a set of 110 axles of 1983 vintage, the rear being a saulisbury on drums, of which i am going to use, i dont find drums a problem, is the 110 front axle stronger than the 90's, i have read somewhere that the cv's are bigger/stronger, but the diffs remain the same, using the same half shafts, am i right in thinking this,

your help on this will be appreciated,

thanks in advance,

BOW..

thanks western, i was hoping the info was correct, going to fit it over the next couple of evenings, and get the polly bush kit done at the same time, its been under the bench waiting for months, you dont happen to know if disco hockey sticks fit 90's of mid 80's reg by any chance, dont mean to be cheeky but it will save me some time by using what i have kicking about,

thanks again,

BOW..