windscreen washer tank location and removal?

francspencer

Hi,

I have a 2002 1.8 petrol Freelander.

The washer jets on the windscreen have stopped working though the one at the back still works.

No noise from the pump is evident when I operate the screen washers..

Therefore i am assuming it is a pump failure as i have checked the fuse and its ok.

How do I gain access to the pump and washer tank as I would like to change the pump?

thanks

The washer tank is located in the recess behind the front bumper on the off side, between the bumper and the inner wing.

There is a removable panel on the inner wing liner, but I don't know if you can get enough access through there to change a pump. Otherwise you will need to remove the front bumper to get to it properly. It's not a big deal - just lots of screws to undo, although there are 3 plastic rivits in the section above the lower grille. I couldn;t get these out without destroying them, so you may need to get some spares before starting the job..

hth

Mark