Q Max cutters

Anderzander

Will a Q Max cutter cut 3mm checker plate?

I've read one will cut 16 gauge steel (1.6 mm iirc) but I don't know if that is for all sizes, a limit or a recomendation, nor what that means for alloy...?

Anyone help please?

Cutting ally is abit like cutting timber, dont go to fast and it will be fine. What size hole?

Two slots.

Imagine 2 22m holes joined into a slot. Well I need to cut two of those slots side by side.

I would drill the ends with a cone drill/cutter then join them up with a jigsaw.

If you had doubts the Q Max would handle it then trying to nibble out a slot will but side loads on the cutter which will likely guarantee it failing.

Steve

Strictly I guess its a Q Max punch ....

link

Essentially its a cup and a tube. A pilot hole is drilled in the sheet you want to cut and the cup and tube assembled around a bolt which is passed through the pilot hole. Cup on one side, tube on the other. Its then wound together to press a perfect cut out of the sheet.