Diff bolt size

I am about to change the oil seals in my diff pinions and obviously need to take the prop shaft off, but what size are the nuts/bolts? I was going to buy a propshaft tool and that is described as 9/16 AF, Microcat says they're 3/8UNF and I've seen articles where a 14mm spanner is used. I can see that 9/16 and 14mm are very close but if I have 3/8 then the tool isn't going to fit. So what size are they?

:huh:

Malcolm

I am about to change the oil seals in my diff pinions and obviously need to take the prop shaft off, but what size are the nuts/bolts? I was going to buy a propshaft tool and that is described as 9/16 AF, Microcat says they're 3/8UNF and I've seen articles where a 14mm spanner is used. I can see that 9/16 and 14mm are very close but if I have 3/8 then the tool isn't going to fit. So what size are they?

:huh:

Malcolm

The propshaft tool works wonderfully. Use that and a 9/16" spanner and you will do fine.

Buy a new set of bolts and nuts for the propshaft btw. They are available for very little from the Land Rover parts places.

I have removed a propshaft without the tool and won't be doing that again. Took me ages and lost loads of knuckle skin.

Just bought the tool today while picking up so other bits so prepared for next time. :)

Part numbers:

Propshaft Nuts: NZ606041L (pack of 8)

Propshaft Bolt: 509045P (pack of 8)