Refurb beadlock wheels - Help

kmm

Hi, i'm buying some beadlock wheels next week which will need some refurb. Planning on stripping them down to shotblast and repaint. I don't want to stick the old nuts & bolts back on as most of them are quite rusty. Does any of the guys on the forum, who supply the DIY beadlock kits have the nuts/bolts for sale?

Is there anything else i should know or replace when refurbing?

It's mach 5 wheels and i've heard the valves can get ripped off fairly easily. Weld on valve protector sleeve or flush fitting valves, opinions please.

Any help much appreciated.

Kenny.

Hi,

All bolts/nuts should be available from a good hardware or engineers supply, use stainles cap heads and nuts, they wont rust,

If you have any probs getting some i can supply any type you need,

Carl.

Thanks Carl, once i get them and strip them down, i'll look at getting the bolts from a local supplier.

Is there anything else i need to know. Once the tyres are re-ftted is it just a case of bolting the outer rings on. Should i torque the bolts or just a good nick up?

It's mach 5 wheels and i've heard the valves can get ripped off fairly easily. Weld on valve protector sleeve or flush fitting valves, opinions please.

Flush fitting valves are my preference but I've been told in the past that Mach 5 beadlocks don't seal too well and need tubes ?

If you can stick with tubeless then flush valves are good and it removes the balance problems that welding lumps of metal on the rims can cause. The main downside of flush valves is that you are screwed if you lose the adaptor so need to carry a spare, I carry two anyway so we can air down two tyres at the same time.

The mach 5 beadlock wheels are a no goer. The vehicle they were on was nicked before the wheels were taken off. Thanks for your replies, but looks like back to the drawing board again.