cd player disco series 1

mrtash

hi, we have purchased a second hand discovery today the disco is on a L plate, beneith the passenger seat is 5 cd changer, because the vehicle is a little old there was little in the way of operator instuctions, can anyone give us a few starters on how to get the cd player to work, the buttons to the right of the steering wheel for the volume to the radio function so we are optimistic the cd changer will also work. Thanks Pete

hi, we have purchased a second hand discovery today the disco is on a L plate, beneith the passenger seat is 5 cd changer, because the vehicle is a little old there was little in the way of operator instuctions, can anyone give us a few starters on how to get the cd player to work, the buttons to the right of the steering wheel for the volume to the radio function so we are optimistic the cd changer will also work. Thanks Pete

If you are stuck I have the original LR handbook for your vehicle which contains the CD operating instructions.

If you wish to pm me your email address and I will see if I can get them to you.

You are lucky any of the console buttons still work they should have expires long ago , mine have.

dos the unit work (ie, radio) but dosent play cd's? if so the easiest way to eliminate problems would be to pull out the unit from the dash and see if everythings attached in the back, the disk changer will more than likely have one feed coming from the back of it to the back of the unit and possibly a seperate (or combined) on/off power supply from the unit..failing that the changer may be knackered..good luck