vehicle delivery

wozza35

Does anyone know of a relitivly cheap car delivery service ?? i have seen a 2a station wagon i like the look of but it has no mot so would need to move it from Cambridge to somerset

unless someone has another idea ???

There are multiple companies that advertise on ebay, they always come up when I am looking at car trailers...

Most charge by the mile, I think, so hiring a trailer from somewhere local to you is probably the cheapest option by far. By using this option, you also have the added advantage of knowing how the vehicle is being treated when it is loaded and transported.

Not knowing you, this of course assumes that you passed your driving test before 1st January 1997, or have taken the subsequent towing test.

Short of that, you may have a friend who likes the idea of earning a few beer tokens...

There are multiple companies that advertise on ebay, they always come up when I am looking at car trailers...

Most charge by the mile, I think, so hiring a trailer from somewhere local to you is probably the cheapest option by far. By using this option, you also have the added advantage of knowing how the vehicle is being treated when it is loaded and transported.

Not knowing you, this of course assumes that you passed your driving test before 1st January 1997, or have taken the subsequent towing test.

Short of that, you may have a friend who likes the idea of earning a few beer tokens...

Hi guys thanks for the replys ,yes i passed my test in 1988 so no problem there but i dont have anything to tow a trailer with now that is a problem

Hi guys thanks for the replys ,yes i passed my test in 1988 so no problem there but i dont have anything to tow a trailer with now that is a problem

Warren,

If you get stuck for a tow, give me a shout - (dependant on the date) I don't have a problem with a drive up to Cambridge if you can cover the fuel... ;)

Matt

Is it driveable?

If so book an MOT in Somerset and drive it home.

I sold a car from Sheffield to a guy in Nottingham who did this. You must have insurance though.

Car still needs to be taxed for this, which with no MOT is unlikely.

I'm fairly certain you must book an MOT locally, but can't find where I read it now...

This was discussed here some while ago.

I emailed the DVLA and they told me as long as it was pre-arranged it was OK. I stressed the point about distance, but they didn't answer that point specifically.

are you not a member of the AA, RAC?? if so drive it outside the gate of where you bought it, disconnect something so it wont start then make the call.. they will take you home!! have done this a couple of times now!! some say its abusing the membership.. i say it is the best way of buying a car in cornwall and getting it to liverpool costing nowt for fuel!!