2.5td leak between injector and injector pipe

The injector nearest the front of the engine is leaking at the join between the injector pipe and the injector itself. Is this a straightforward pipe replacement or could there be something wrong with the injector? The engine is hard to start and low on power at low revs, would the leak cause this?

The injector nearest the front of the engine is leaking at the join between the injector pipe and the injector itself. Is this a straightforward pipe replacement or could there be something wrong with the injector? The engine is hard to start and low on power at low revs, would the leak cause this?

Hi,

It should be a straightforward pipe replacement, it's unusual for anything to have gone wrong with the injector. The pipe seat would have to have been damaged somehow, I assume the injectors haven't been out or the pipes removed recently? Have you checked that the pipe is tight?

As to whether this is the reason for the loss of power and starting difficulty, it certainly won't be helping but it really depends on how much it's leaking. If it's only a slight weep then IMO you may have other issues as well.

Firstly I'd check the injector pipe union on the injector is tight then take it from there.

HTH

Mark.

I checked the union was tight and it was so I undid the union nut and tightened it again. It still throws quite a bit of fuel out though. I checked that there was no grit or anything stopping the nut from tightening right up and there wasn't so I can only think it must have had a knock somehow to bend the pipe and make it leak. I'm going to get a replacement pipe and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the advice.