300tdi no punch under 2000rpm

eds

Hello people

I am just about to buy a mate a disco 300tdi.

When I drove it it was a bit weak on power until it hit 2000rpm

Is this normal

My Defender has power all the way through the scale

Also there is rot around the rear door catches on the wheel arch, is this an expensive mend and any ideas of cost?

Thanks for your answers in advance

Ed

Hello people

Also there is rot around the rear door catches on the wheel arch, is this an expensive mend and any ideas of cost?

Ed

I am working on this on my Disco at the moment. It appears to be a common problem and can produce holes when all the rust is ground out. Beneath the area is a natural trap where mud builds up and keeps damp.

Cost - DIY time or pay what I should think is quite a lot for the labour.

If the engine is at all suspect, I would walk away and look for a better vehicle.

Hello people

When I drove it it was a bit weak on power until it hit 2000rpm

Is this normal

My Defender has power all the way through the scale

Ed

It can kind of normal in a broken kind of way... It can be as simple as the rubber on the small hose on the turbo has perrished. Can also be down to poor setup of the injector pump which would just need an internal cog turning a couple of teeth ... or of course it could be something much more serious.

I'd get a one that drives good unless the price says differently.

You could always get it looked at by a landie person who you trust or display your rough location and someone may take a peek at it.

Hi, could be several things on the engine side as above, the body repair as far as I am aware doesnt have a repair panel so a patch would be appropiate, make sure there is no rust around seat belt mounting points as this is a mot fail and would require a good weld all round to keep them happy.

Hi Ed, has your Disco had the EGR blanked off and has the 'new' one had it done? Could be as simple as that. My'new' Disco is a little bit asmatic so thats the first mod I'll be doing.Also if its well over due for a cam belt a very worn one can alter the timing enough to lose power.