The saga continues

Bigant

Hi

I am still trying to solve my temperature gauge issue. Before I go down the route of installing a new secondary system that means a new sensor on the top hose, does anyone know what the thread size of the standard sender unit is on a 3.5 litre V8?

If I can identify this then I can pick up a new gauge and sender unit which looks like it may be the cheaper option.

many thanks

Bigant

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just wanted to add that I found the answer to my conundrum so in case you were wondering the thread size on the sender is 5/8" unf.

Credit must go to Paul at Demon Tweeks for identifying the size of the thread and for selling me a new temperature gauge and converter I now have a fully operational gauge so I can now keep an eye on the temperature of my V8 engine

Regards

Bigant

Hi

I am still trying to solve my temperature gauge issue. Before I go down the route of installing a new secondary system that means a new sensor on the top hose, does anyone know what the thread size of the standard sender unit is on a 3.5 litre V8?

If I can identify this then I can pick up a new gauge and sender unit which looks like it may be the cheaper option.

many thanks

Bigant

Hi all

Just wanted to add that I found the answer to my conundrum so in case you were wondering the thread size on the sender is 5/8" unf.

Credit must go to Paul at Demon Tweeks for identifying the size of the thread and for selling me a new temperature gauge and converter I now have a fully operational gauge so I can now keep an eye on the temperature of my V8 engine

Regards

Bigant

I remember wanting to know the size of that thread for some reason, cant remeber why, was on the inlet manifold. IRRC was 14 TPI witch i think is NPT

It's worth noting that there are at least two different threads, the sender from a 3.5 carb motor won't fit a 3.9 EFi, I remember that causing me some real grief when I did my first 3.9 into Defender conversion because I thought I could use the sender off the original 3.5 V8 to match the gauge.