Nuts and Bolts

C18RCH

Does anyone in the Salisbury area know where there is a cheap supplier of nuts and bolts. I am fairly new to the area and beyond B&Q, Focus and screwfix I cannot find a supplier of the basics (nut, bolts, rivets, general fabrication stuff). All those mentioned are far too expensive and usually don't have exactly what is required.

Cheers,

Does anyone in the Salisbury area know where there is a cheap supplier of nuts and bolts. I am fairly new to the area and beyond B&Q, Focus and screwfix I cannot find a supplier of the basics (nut, bolts, rivets, general fabrication stuff). All those mentioned are far too expensive and usually don't have exactly what is required.

Cheers,

Not local, but they post to you, I've always had good service from Namrick

http://www.namrick.co.uk/

Juz

Cripes!!

If you are finding Namrick good for price you must be getting gold plated gear!!!

For example -

Namrick- 100 M10 nyloc HT nuts - £11.62

My local fastener supplier - 50 M10 nyloc HT nuts - £2.20.

Bolts - M10 x 35 - £0.32 each

My place - £0.16 each (based on a qty of 20)

Don't forget postage on top from Namrick.

My advice would be to get the yellow pages out and call around, find a local guy and build a relationship. Those web prices are daylight robbery!

And screwfix is £3.40 for 100 M10 nylocs so i can't see how they are "far too expensive"

I get most of my fastners from them, bought by the 100's

100 M10 nyloc from screwfix £3.40 + £5 P&P = £8.40

100 M10 nyloc from my local supplier back in sheffield (not so local any more :( ) £2 for cash

Was a great little place. Just wondered if there is anywhere similar round here. At the moment I am fetching bags of nuts and bolts home with me if I go to visit my parents who still live there.

Cripes!!

If you are finding Namrick good for price you must be getting gold plated gear!!!

For example -

Namrick- 100 M10 nyloc HT nuts - £11.62

My local fastener supplier - 50 M10 nyloc HT nuts - £2.20.

Bolts - M10 x 35 - £0.32 each

My place - £0.16 each (based on a qty of 20)

Don't forget postage on top from Namrick.

My advice would be to get the yellow pages out and call around, find a local guy and build a relationship. Those web prices are daylight robbery!

I wasn't aware that local suppliers could be that cheap. I tried a few places years ago and had prices in excess of Namrick - never bothered to check anywhere else or since!

I knew about screwfix, but they never have the bolt sizes I want. Shortest M8 bolt is 40mm and the fitted type.

As Ive said at least a dozen times before "make friends with your local suppliers" :P

Not to teach you grannies out there but if you've read a few of my posts you will gather I'm trade (engineering) and so get good deal/prices but another/better way to get good deals etc is to show your local firm your project/what you are up too and you will be amazed how interested and willing to help they are and with it usually comes a deal...

Ps watch out for cheap bolts, make sure they are at least 8.8,also if you buy from a "know source" they will have full traceability...