bushes

Hi Rusty,

For what its worth I asked this a while ago and the general consensus is as follows:

Poly Bush (not named brands) from your freindly LR magazines, cost £50ish for a set and dont last long and can make your ride very hard

PolyBush (Brand Name) £140-170, you get different ride comforts (three colours to chose from) but not a lot of feed back on wear.

OEM , People having gone with polybush (non named brands) and had bad experience with them being too hard and deteriorating after use and hence go back to Original Equipment (from Dealers)

OEM Equivelant, Cheap as chips but unknown results of wear etc (the set you have listed).

Superpro (Named Brand), £150 for a full set, same comfort as OEM, three year guaruntee and never heard of one complaint only recommendations.

Britpart-Superpro, interestingly Britpart do a set that are made at the same factory as the Superpro items! Have a good search on the forum, I think they are about £30 to £40 cheaper than Superpro.

MY CHOICE

As my rebuild is a long term vehicle It was down to Superpro or OEM (Original items from dealer), I carried out an equivelent comparison for cost and the Superpro's were £150 online and OEM over £180!!!! :o

I chose Superpro really for ease of replacement/cost and the fact that you can by individuall sets for each part so if you have a couple of items you want to change you can do those and replace gradually over time depending on your circumstances.

Hope This Helps.

G :)

EDITED TO ADD: As you say you need to change the major sets on your behicle you can buy just the sets you need to replace. Have a look on Bram Racing (standard poly bushes at this link)

Hi there,

i would say that for that sort of money (in my opion!) you would be better off getting the britpart (yellow) polybush kit from paddocks.

The quality is there and job done! However i only use my truck as a light offroader so really depends on your pocket and what your doing with it.

Cheers

Neil

thanks for all the reasponse people, very helpfull. not sure if my pocket can stretch to super pro. which is why i was thinking rubber. but poly bushes would be better. what do you reckon the next best thing would be, anyone else tried the britpat yellow ones from paddock? ;)

What exactly is wrong with the deflex bushes?

I purchased a set of "FloFlex" bushes from ebay for my rebuild which as far as i know are made by deflex.

A mate of mine had used their bushes before on a car without any issues, hence why i went for them when i saw them!

I've fitted most of them, and theres nothing obviously wrong with them that i can see?

Well these are certainly a lot stiffer than the rubber that came out, the difference was really noticable when tightening the front radius arms. The rubber bushes were letting the arms move around a LOT before the nut would turn, the polys seem completely solid in comparison.

I guess they're not particularly difficult to change if they do die... :(

What exactly is wrong with the deflex bushes?

Absolutely nothing.

If you dont mind replacing them 3 times a year.

Probably do alright on a road car, but not suitable for off-road use IMHO.

Save your pennies up and get SuperPro, its the way forward. By all means, buy Britpart or Deflex etc......but as they say "Buy cheap; Buy twice"

****e!

Ach well, if as you say the superpro ones can be purchased individually then i might just work thru them all and replace them as and when they fail.

I wanna be spending my money on getting the engine bolted in and running! not replacing parts i've already replaced :(

****e!

Ach well, if as you say the superpro ones can be purchased individually then i might just work thru them all and replace them as and when they fail.

I wanna be spending my money on getting the engine bolted in and running! not replacing parts i've already replaced :(

Superpro Bushes can be bought individually....

They are also the best polyurethane bushes I have fitted and used (and some of my customers have brought some right ***p and asked me to fit).

Unlike every other bush kit that I know of, in a Defender kit for example, there is actually three different hardness of bush - the hardness is dependant on its location with carefull consideration made to NVH, handling, performance etc etc.

It is not a case of one hardness fits all....

Also, Superpro actually test there bushes on proper test rigs (hydraulic rams under the wheels of the car to simulate real life driving)... I wonder how many of the 'other' companies actually bother.

I've been that impressed with SuperPro bushes - that I had a visit from them last week ;)

(I'm now an approved stockist!!)

Ian

I have been told by the most respected parabolic manufacturer that most poly bushes are not polyurethane but cheaper polyethelene, which lasts next to no time. Of course, it' should all be in the fine print what the different manufacturers of polys use, so check carefully before buying.