Entering Radio security code

robert

My vehicle is a 2003 Series II Disco TD5 manual. I am asking if anyone knows the procedure for entering the security code. I have the code. Tomorrow I intend disconnecting the battery so I will need to re-activate the radio. Unfortunately the radio instructions did not include a section on entering the code. The radio/CD player has 6 buttons on the front, a single CD slot at the top and vol/bass/reble control on left with band/menu/search on right. Beside the CD slot, on its left is the RDS and on its right is the traffic info button. It has no brand or model name however I have included a photo of the unit in the attachment

post-15875-1241080556_thumb.jpg

Most either use the preset buttons to set each digit (e.g. if the code is 3529 press preset 1 3x, preset 2 5x etc ) or they use the up/down buttons to set the digit and the 1 preset to store. I've not seen a radio like that though.

Mine is an old cassette one - but on that you just push the numbered buttons.

Hi,

The radio you have is the "VISTEON" unit fitted in the last D2's and some Freelanders.

The link below will take you to the code instructions but beware of the 12 tries rule or it's goosed.

Regards

Scrumps

P.S. If someone can make it "clicky" please!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

The radio you have is the "VISTEON" unit fitted in the last D2's and some Freelanders.

The link below will take you to the code instructions but beware of the 12 tries rule or it's goosed.

Regards

Scrumps

P.S. If someone can make it "clicky" please!!!

Thank you all for your help with this. I eventually found that it worked by toggling the relevant number using the first 4 numbered buttons. The code is entered by pushing the > symbol on top of the RHS menu button

Rob