200Tdi

Les Brock

ye theres something odd going on.

I suspect it may have been turned up by someone hence spiking to 1.5+ in the lower gears.

I also think theres something wrong with the fuel delivery thats causing the lack of fuel (and therefore boost and power) in top gear.

Thanks for the replies, just ordered a new lift pump and fuel filter as they wont hurt as spares, if its something else :D , Hopefully it will be here by the weekend and I'll update ASAP

If you're seeing more that 1bar at the manifold, something funky's happening. If the thin "boost sense" pipe had a hole in it, not only would the fuel pump diaphragm not put enough fuel in, the wastegate would open at a higher pressure too. If you can pressurise this pipe with a workshop compressor then you can find the leak- I don't see what else would cause both symptoms.

Jon

When I fitted the new guage replaced all the pipe from start to finish, with solid air pipe where I could with 15 Bar fittings and short hose where not with proper fuel hose clips, presurrised with the compressor and it held contant with no leaks :huh:

Even sprayed plumbers gas leak fluid on all the joins and no bubbles ;)

Ok, I'll let you off then. :) If you're seeing big pressure at the manifold then it must be coming from somewhere (unless the gauge is duff) so that's where I'd check next - can you tee the gauge into the same pipe rather than the manifold? Remember, the engine doesn't know what gear you're in, higher gears are just a useful way to hold high load at steady speed for longer periods. Want to drag it down to Bristol one evening?